Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1989 Trooper 2.6L MFI-142,000 miles-Is there away to clean fuel injectors while I have them out of my Trooper and do I need to keep them in order I was thinking about using carb cleaner, also I'm in the middle of replacing cracked cylinder head is there anything else I should check while the engine is this far torn down, Thanks

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
There are a few things I'd do if it was that far down. Buy new head bolts, they are torque to yeild bolts meaning they stretch once to the correct torque. So, more or less, use once then toss. I'd get a delta cam for it, new valve springs, and have a good valve job done.

Put in a new thermostat, flush the radiator, change upper and lower rad hoses. Change heater hoses. The last thing you'd want right after you spent money on your new head would be a 10 dollar hose bust and warp or crack your new head.

My .02
Joe

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
4ZE1 2.6 head bolts are NOT torque-to-yield. The only real need to replace them is if the allen sockets are stripped out.

If you don't believe me, ask Jerry Lemond. I got the word straight from him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.