Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, seems I probably have either bad seals, leaky injector, something. Popping in exhaust on deceleration seems to be from running rich, milage is a bit down from where it used to be, and some other things(that i can't remember now :) ). Did O2 sensor(that was an adventure in itself that I posted about before, but finally got that all together right and working), cleaned and reoiled air filter(K&N), checked MAF to make sure K&N hadn't gotten oil contamination on that. Going to do EGR sometime in next week(still needs some more PB Blaster soakings.

Suspect though that it's injectors. So when time allows, going to pull them, do a sea foam soak, and then reinstall with new seals all around. If the problem persists, does anyone have a suggested company to send them to for flow testing, and rebuilds if necessary? Going to pick up an extra set off of Ebay in a few days, so not sure if I'll send my current ones or the ones from Ebay(or both, and have an extra set to keep or sell), but need to know of a place to send them to, first off.

Also, anyone have a suggested place to get the new injector seals, top and bottom? or should I just call my local dealer

·
Registered
894 Posts
If you have OBDII I think you would be getting an individual cylinder code
with a bad injector. Lacking such a code I wouldn't mess with the injectors.

Even with an older system I still think you would see some sort of CEL with an injector problem. Could be wrong as I have OBDII. I still wouldn't automatically pull all the injectors. I might pull the plugs and see what they look like. If you still think injector problem you might try a couple of bottles of Techron over the next couple of tanks of gas to see if that helps. I thinking more along the lines of something else like exhaust or vacuum problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you buy new injectors and/or seals at your local parts store? I wouldn't surprised if they didn't have them on the shelf, but I'd expect that they could get them in a few days.

If your CEL isn't on, it might be something simple like water in the gas or a clogged fuel filter.

What engine are we talking about here anyway?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.