Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on expo. I believe someone here previously owned this truck.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/t ... per-5speed

preacherman said:
I just started a new job that included a new company 4x4 truck and four 4x4 trucks for one family with two drivers is too much:sombrero: so the trooper is for sale. Here are the specs on it.

1995 Isuzu Trooper 5 speed 139k. I am a non smoker and the truck is in great condition. I get between 15.6-16.0 MPG on the highway and between 14.1-15.3 MPG in town (checked with GPS)

Factory specs
1995 Trooper LS 4x4
5 Speed
3.2 v6 SOHC
Power Windows
Power Locks
Grey Cloth Interior with no rips or tears
Factory rear limited slip
AC and heat work great
All power options work well
Heated mirrors and electric mirrors

Upgrades

4 Inch lift
Tera Low 3:07 to 1 Transfer case installed
4 Rancho 9000 Adjustable shocks
Lock right front locker
Independent 4x heavy duty tie rods and tie rod ends
Warn Premium hubs
Five 16 inch allow rims
5 BFG KM Mud terrains 255 85 16 (tires at 90%, spare never on ground)
Custom built Rock Sliders
ARB bumper (Winch mount)
1 inch body lift
Warn 8000 winch
Custom rear bumper with two receiver hitches (so you can carry a bike rack while towing)
Custom built rear door table (see picture)
Custom built rear cargo System (painted to match the interior and with the seats folded down it makes a sleeping platform)
12v plug in rear
Aux fuse block in the engine bay
New Window tint (less than two months old, professional installed)
2 Procomp 130w lights with new bulbs mounted on ARB bumper
2 fog lights mounted in ARB bumper
Midland CB installed in dash w/Wilson K40 antenna on roof
Pioneer MP3/CD player with ipod control and ipod cable (cable installed in glove box)
Rear sway bar disconnects
K and N airfilter
Extra two 12v plugs hard wired in the passenger area

Misc Parts included
Yakima rack included with cross bars (2), feet (4) and wind fairing
4 rare roof rack mounts to mount a roof rack to factory mounts
Extra tire rods
Extra rear open diff 3rd member (to install a rear locker if you desire)
Lots of small parts like spare ball joints, hoses, etc…
I have over 12 FACTORY service books! Including transmission, engine, and ABS brakes.

Recent Maintenance
New belts installed last year (less than 8k ago)
Wheel bearings repacked less than 8k ago
New fuel filter installed less than 5k ago
Fuel injectors just cleaned
Plugs and wires less than 10k ago
New Window tint
Fresh detail and wax

The bad
The blinker switch (on the steering column) sometimes sticks and needs to be cleaned
I just noticed I lost a trim piece on the roof that covers the factor roof rack tract
The power lock on the rear door sometimes sticks and the button has to be hit twice
Ever since the lift was installed the rear ABS and parking brake lights in the dash will not go off.
A few desert pinstripes in the paint but nothing bad.
That's all I can think of.

I would like to get $6,500 with the winch or $6,000 without. The XM radio pictured is not included. Truck has a clean title in hand and is located in zip 79703. There is a great airport in our town that has Southwest, Continental and American. This would be a great fly and drive and is ready to drive anywhere. I am not interested in trades.

PM for my email address or phone number.

Pics

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
yup thats wareagle's old truck. That was my first attempt at a second gen rear bumper, not my best design lol...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes I got it from him. I was just about to post this up. It's mine and has been a great truck. I really like the bumper. If you have any questions shoot me a pm.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
I helped install the Tera Lows.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you decide to part anything out. Put me down for Sliders rear bumper and maybe gears.

-C

·
Registered
734 Posts
Smiley said:
I was there too! This is a great truck people!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CSW said:
If you decide to part anything out. Put me down for Sliders rear bumper and maybe gears.

-C
I would be interested in some parts as well, mainly HD tie rods. Let me know if you do part it out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Since this truck is such a great runner I would hate to part it out. It's super clean and I have worked hard to make it even better than I got it.

Also i should add I am using most of the money from the sale to donate to a mission project refugee camp in Kenya. I am a minister and have been actively involved in the work for a while. While in Kenya last month we realized the current camp location needs to be moved and I am hoping to fund much of it with the sale of this truck.

I know it is a little higher than it sold for before (it does also have some upgrades as well) but I thought I would throw it out there and see what happened. I am open to offers.

·
Registered
198 Posts
CSW said:
I know it is a little higher than it sold for before (it does also have some upgrades as well) but I thought I would throw it out there and see what happened. I am open to offers.
My offer still stands. As with most vehicles that have been "upgraded" people will only look at the value of the vehicle, not what it is now. I hope for you that the right buyer comes along and you get a sale and they get a very nice vehicle but if you get into a position that you no longer want to try and sell it as a whole. Let me know....

-C

·
Registered
30 Posts
The platform just uses four turnbuckles (you can see them in the picture) to hold the platform in. It takes less than three minutes to remove. The bar across the bottom in used to give the platform rigidity. When removed the cargo area is untouched and fully usable. It's a simple, easy to convert set up.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
TrooperChris said:
Smiley said:
I was there too! This is a great truck people!
Me too...I drove it to get pizza...and take it back to Joe's :mrgreen:

That is the truck that I said..."I like 2nd gen troopers" it was a nice comfy ride

·
Registered
763 Posts
Please don't part out. I took a beating on the sale so I could keep here together This truck has a lot of history. The manuals are priceless. Theyve been loaned to countless guys for abou 15 years.

The sliders, bumpers lockright, and Tera low all have stories attached

Sliders were a welding party fab at joes place. Front bumper war a group buy organized by me and duck trooper. $535 delivered for 10 guys on this forum. Rear was an OBT original with an interesting history. Tera low was an install party at joes. We learned a lot aout th nuances of 95 trannies that night. Original CB was the $8.88 amazon deal I found years ago, ITOG accounted for 60 CBs in a weekend. Lots more. Still regret selling!

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
No way does that truck need to be parted out...still in superb condition. Nice rig!

You might not get your asking price though, not saying it's not worth it; but general public overall looks at the age of the vehicle, not just what's in upgrades....cause most don't care for the upgrades that WE like.

Here's hopin an Isuzu enthusiast will jump on it.....I'd love a trooper 5-spd, but that's way out of my price range. Nice truck though!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts