Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in buying my 98 Rodeo? I'm in the middle of my masters degree, and would like to finish it without going into debt. So, I'm putting this out there to see if there is any interest.

I'd like to get $4000 for it. This was the March 2010 ride of the month. Never been off-road. :wink:

I'm firm on that price. I love this rig, and if I can't fetch that much, then I'd prefer to keep it.

Mileage: a little over 180k
2004 front grille and headlight mod
Custom exhaust: Flowmaster muffler, hi-flow cats, relocated rear pipe
Surco roof rack
ARB front bumper
indy4x rear bumper
Darlington Off-Road diff-drop
Darlington Off-Road boulder bars
ARB front air locker / indy4x braided air line
TeraLow (Revolution) transfer case gears
New AC system installed by AutoCool: http://www.autocool.biz
Old Man Emu lift (OME coils, OME shocks)
indy4x braided steel rear brake lines
New Moog upper and lower ball joints
4 black rock-crawler style wheels w/ 32" Maxxis Bighorn tires
1 spare black rock-crawler style wheel w/ 32" Mudstar tire

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
nooooo!!! Sad to see you selling it...

That's a nice ride, too. $4,000 is more than fair for it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
What is the maintanance been like on it? Is everything up to date? Would you drive it across the country? Just curious :lol:

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TrooperChris said:
What is the maintanance been like on it? Is everything up to date? Would you drive it across the country? Just curious :lol:
Since I've had it, I've done my best to keep it in good running order. The starter has new solenoid contacts. It has a fairly new battery. Mostly, I've used Mobil 1 synthetic oil, at least every 5000 miles. It does burn about 1 qt or so between changes if you don't keep it topped off, but I've kept it topped off.

It's about due for new brake pads, and I have a set of new front EBC green stuff pads to go on it. There is still a little left on the current pads, but I'd change them soon. Rotors are in good shape all around.

The transmission shifts strong and smooth. The truck runs great, and yes, it is able to be driven across the country. I've driven it to Uwharrie and Florida in recent years with no problems.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
jessescott said:
I'd like to get $4000 for it. This was the March 2010 ride of the month. Never been off-road. :wink:
And then you show pictures of it off-road.

:? ????? :?

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
jessescott said:
Selador said:
jessescott said:

Hence the winking smiley. Picture Joe Isuzu saying it, and you'll see that I was joking. :lol:
ROFLMAO

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Try to buy a Rodeo and put those parts on it for less than that asking price!

I've seen this truck on the trail, it very capable!

Good luck on the sale and with school!

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
someone throw me some numbers so i can play the lottery and buy this :lol:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I hope everything works out for you. Hate to see it go. :cry:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
That sucks. Wish it was closer, I would buy it for 4k and feel bad cause thats a steal. If you decide to part out... I want the grille.:D

·
Registered
202 Posts
I jizzed in my pants!

Man I wish I was near you and could sell my rodeo quickly, hmm maybe when I sell my truck.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Selador said:
jessescott said:

Thats just the road to his house. Roads get a little rough there. 5kmph speed limit. Damn city cant fix their roads.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bump. I should probably add that there aren't many body panels on this rig that aren't scratched or dented in some way. The ABS has been completely disabled, and it has a recurring check engine light for a failure of the fuel evap system. There are no emissions checks in my town, so I've never bothered to have a smoke test done on the fuel system. It runs great, despite the emissions issue causing the check engine light.

We just got our tax refund, and it is enough to put a good dent in paying for school, so I'm not as motivated to sell as I was a few weeks ago.

Heck, I might even go up on the price in a few weeks. :lol:

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
How is it everyone gets a tax RETURN????

I keep having to pay taxes, that's with making very little income, having a house and a 5th wheel as deductions, and claiming 0 .....I don't get it.

I'm lucky to get $10 back from one, but I always have to pay the other.

I don't know if going UP on price is always a good thing, people usually find that a bit odd....I would've had a set higher price to begin with, then lower it, although I understand the initial urgency.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Ramblin, it's time for a new tax person it sounds like. We got close to 5k back and we didn't even claim our new house. :shock:

Sorry to post jack Jesse. I hope you keep your rodeo so we can wheel one day. You aren't far from me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later