Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your help putting together a comprehensive list for a front end refresh.
I'm not sure what should be replaced just because of age and what can left alone until it fails.
I'm guessing these can be sourced from just about anywhere.

Here is what I have so far, please let me know if I'm on the right track.
Phase 1:
1. Shocks - Explorer Pro Comp ES9000
2. Swaybar Bushings
3. Ball Joints - will be flipped in the process

Phase 2:
4. Tie rod ends
5. Swaybar links

Rear suspension:
1. OME 912 springs
2. Shocks - Explorer Pro Comp ES9000

Thanks for your help, I'm really anxious to get this rig rolling!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Control arm bushings can wear out and the ends of the center link can wear as well. The center link is easy. The bushings are more difficult especially the lower rears. I also replaced the dust caps on the tie rod ends with new poly ones. I'm doing exatly the same service to my '96 Trooper. Should be done tomorrow then an alignment Wednesday morning. I think my first trip in my "new" ride will be to the ECORS event #5 this weekend. :D Can't wait!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I crawled under the front end today to get a better view of the various components and found that the driver side CV boot is ripped off and the passenger side is dried and cracking.
I guess I will add that to the list.
Will I need to replace the entire boot/axle or is the boot sufficient?
When I do the CV work, I'd like to add some AISIN hubs, so if anyone is looking to sell, let me know.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Van said:
While your at it, go ahead and replace/repack the front wheel bearings if you don't know the history of them. :wink:
That should be done every 30k or so anyway. If the cvs are ok just take them apart and regrease and new boots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts