Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard you guys say not matter what you get for your 2nd gen. rodeo as far as front speakers go, you're in for some work - well, how do 6.5s fit into the 5.5 space? and do you need an adapter for the 5.25s?

·
Registered
87 Posts
My factory fronts were 6.5s, unless something crazy is going on, Id say yours are too. The back doors are also 6.5s. I put two new sets of Infiniti Component 6.5s and the fronts required a little shaving inside the doors panel, but nothing significant.

·
Registered
220 Posts
mine were like 5.25" in front and like 4" in the back, how did you get 6.5 in both spots???

·
Registered
87 Posts
It was fairly easy actually, the rears doors needed absolutely no modifications, and I needed to trim off a bit of the inner plastic on the door panels around where the speaker screws in. I guess there is a chance that we had different sized factories.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, thanks for that, but instead or waiting for an adapter, i got the old speakers, cut the mounts out, and made my own adapter - worked pretty good too - the infinitys sound like 1000000x s better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.