Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a brake job on my 85. Never did a 4 wheel and the book is vague on the rotor removal. Any hints as to rotor removal would be appreciated

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
what vehicle are we talking aboout?

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1985 Trooper

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
youre gona have to remove hub, hub internals, bearings, then it should slide out of the spindle...at least thats how I do it on my troopers

·
Registered
84 Posts
first remove the 2 bolts that hold the brake caliper on. hang that somewhere out of the way. After that start taking apart the center hub assembly. You will need snap ring plyers. Once you get down to a solid sheet of metal ring around the spline, that just pulls off easily with a magnet or pulling it off.(held by grease) Then you will need to find 3 cross tip screws(might not have all 3) and remove them. Choose a hole and put a screw driver in one and tap in the counter clockwise direction to unscrew the threaded plate holding the bearings tight. When that is off then you can just pull the whole rotor and bearings out/off the shaft. Now there are bolts holding the rotor to the plate holding the studs. you get to them from the back.
There you go.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Do ONE at a time, leave the other intact for reference! Ask me how I know.. 8) :oops:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Do ONE at a time, leave the other intact for reference! Ask me how I know.. 8) :oops:

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DigitalDrifter said:
Do ONE at a time, leave the other intact for refer

ence! Ask me how I know.. 8) :oops:
I'd guess you took both off and had no reference to go together. The rotors are not that bad. I think I'll just put on the new calipers and pads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts