Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the front upper door hinge on my '96 Trooper. I managed to get the door hinge replaced without removing the fender. However, I can't actually align the door because I can't tighten down the two bolts that hold the hinge to the body. There's not a big enough gap to get a tool in there. I think if I remove the fender I should be able to align it to the latch and the door frame. This should get the rest of the door pretty well lined up.

The best I can do right now isn't good enough. The lower front portion hits the fender so I can't open and close it properly.

Anybody of any tips on this situation? Tips on door alignment? Tips on fender removal? I'd appreciate any help you can give.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Removing the fender is kind of pita, be careful with the lower windshield trim piece, don't try to remove it , just remove the entire cowel piece and that lower trim will come with it, a day or so before you tackle the job, spray some penetrating oil on the the lower fender screws, and you should be fine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts