Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, with help of NLAW, I put on some CALMINI sway bars and torsion bars and OME 919s out back. The sway bars have quick disconnects BTW. Ever since then, the front end of my truck rattles going over any type of bump. It rattles to the point of me not wanting to drive it. Everything we put on is tight because I have checked.

My inner and outer cv boots are torn on both sides, could the added stress of 2 inches of lift cause them to rattle? Could it be a ball joint? Here is a video from youtube of me pushing down on the front end to somewhat simulate the noise. Any help is appreciated.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
Chris, I've experienced front end rattles from 2 things: Shock bushings gone and locking hubs that were installed without any shims behind them causing the half shafts to rattle inside the spindle. These were on stock unmodified first gen Troopers. Don't know if it'll help but just thought I'd throw it out there as something to check. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I had some quick disconnects with the ends on them like Indy4x used. They went bad and started to make a noise that sounded about the same, and it even got to the point where you could feel them moving in the steering while turning. It could be a bad ball joint as well, they both sound pretty similar.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great ideas so far. I'm leaning more towards the ball joints because I have drive flanges (those will be changed later). Thanks for the tips guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts