Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remove the front drive door panel and it won't come off. I've taken off the screws around the speaker and the door latch. The bottom has popped off, but I just can't remove it. What am I missing?

I did a search for this but couldn't find anything besides people just saying "pop it off."

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
What vehicle are you working on? I've taken off a number of door panels and never really had a problem, though sometimes I've found screws hidden under a cover on the arm rest, inside door handle, behind an ashtray (after it's removed) etc. Once you get all the attachments off generally you still have to lift it up and off as a lip goes down inside the door where the panel meets the window glass.
Once you've identified the vehicle maybe someone can chime in with more advice.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Apologies for necroing this old thread. I'm trying to remove the front driver door panel and struggling. 1998 Trooper.

I removed the speakers, door latch and the screw at the top of the big handle but when I went to look at the bottom of the handle instead of a screw I was greeted by this. My eyes are bad but thought it was a bolt but upon closer inspection it looks round.

Ideas?
Wood Grey Rim Wheel Gas

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Wheel

Sky Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Plant

Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Bumper Rim

Automotive tire Camera accessory Camera lens Cameras & optics Lens

·
Registered
156 Posts
My 98 has a Philips head screw in that location. Maybe someone (a child) stuck something in there on top of the screw. Try reaching in there with a pick and see if it moves or comes out?
Mike

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
My 98 has a Philips head screw in that location. Maybe someone (a child) stuck something in there on top of the screw. Try reaching in there with a pick and see if it moves or comes out?
Mike
Thanks for the response. I did try and extract it. Grabbed it with a pair of needle nose and it didn't budge. So strange.

·
Super Moderator
2,670 Posts
Looks like a hex head bolt to me. Someone probably sunk it in too deep with an impact.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts