Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 85 Trooper with both front outer axle boots bad. Would like to cut my work, so has any one ever used the split ones that are similar to what Volkswagon used on the old bugs. I saw them for sale on Rockauto web site. I know there probably not as good as the one piece ones, but sure would cuy my work if there satisfactory

·
Registered
3,926 Posts

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Never understood people pushing the mechatech kit for isuzus. Still have to pull the half shaft to use them on our vehicles. By that time you are 95% to the point of using regular boots without the cone. Just have to remove one more snap ring, pull the ball cage, then the boots.

The bolt together split boots are ok. Not sure I would use one permanently. The glue together type are crap. For standard boots I prefer Dorman brand. They have more pleats and very flexible so they last quite a while.

It really isnt too bad to do them depending on if you live in the rust belt or not. No rust problems here so I can have a shaft out in 1/2 hr. Start to finish while teaching someone else to do it takes about 2 hrs per side.

Even in the motel parking lot lol....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts