Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mark,
We spoke a while back about my Rodeo and I'm still having trouble with it. At this point it's got a new radiator, thermostat and gaskets, but it's still pouring out coolant. The mechanic says that he just can't figure out where the leak is. They think it's actually coming from above the thermostat. Just to refresh your memory it's a '98, V6 3.2L. The mechanic says at this point it's not worth the cost of further repairs because he's thinking it might actually be the motor or a solid line that's part of the motor. He wanted me to check with you to see if you know of a common problem that they just aren't aware of.
Also, if it's not fixable I'll be looking to sell it if you're interested in a new project.

Thanks,
Jennifer
I don't enough about the thermostat placement on these but it looks like they are on the lower hose. Are there freeze plugs on these engines up under there? Any thoughts on where it could be leaking?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like she's scared of the work involved and wants to unload it. 4 new tires in March.

Hmmm, what are the chances it could be something other than that o.ring?

As far as I know it isn't pouring out white smoke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts