Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 trooper that i purchased about a year or so ago, it is in good condition except for my recent discovery, at the right front wheel opening where the frame is exposed, i noticed that the frame had a reather large rot hole in it. it is about where the frame straightens to go under the body towards the rear of the vehicle. can this be fixed relatively easilly by boxing the frame or am i in for major problems. other than this dilema the truck seems to be in otherwise great condition. Please any advice would be helpful and knowledgeable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
That area is called the TORQUE BOX and is the strongest area of the frame. an accident with that condition will be much worse than if it was healthy,for safety I would say you have to replace the frame,if you intend to offroad it and minimal onroad I would say to have it welded up. If you can find an experienced collision man to repair it for you you might be fine on all counts,but it's a risk you have to assume. Sorry to hear about your frame though...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks like we have the same problem. I never seen this when I bought my Trooper, but after I did and took it in for new tires and a few other minor things, I had the tech come over and ask me if I knew about the frame rot. I was pissed, I mean really mad about the whole situation. Other then a few spots on the frame rotting the Trooper is mint. I am going to get a few pieces welded in where I can and por-15 the rest of the frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.