Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I said in the Tow Hook thread:

I found a guy selling a Frame Recovery Bracket for 100 Series Land Cruisers on IH8MUD.com, and contacted him to see if he'd be willing to custom drill some for Isuzu's. These brackets mount where the stock tow hook is located with two 12.9 grade cap screws, and they allow you to run a D ring on the front for recovery. This should be a good alternative to the stock tow hook and allow for a stronger tow point. Here is a picture of the FRB.

He has 4 blanks that he is willing to drill out for Isuzu applications. I have 12.9 grade cap screws that I will provide for mounting if desired at $3/side. They are $60 plus $11 priority mail. Let me know if you want any ASAP.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Do we even have an option to mount on the opposite front side?

EDIT #1: I got off my lazy butt and went outside. I see that you can put one on each side. Doesn't look like it will interfere too much with the stock bumper either when pulling.

I'll take one but I can't pay until Thursday or Friday (depending on when the paycheck shows up). If that puts me out of the running, darn. :(

EDIT #2: Screw it, I'll take two if you/he can wait until Thursday or Friday. Merry Christmas to myself.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright sounds good. He said turn around is 2-3 days, so you've got time. If you can 100% commit I will tell him to go ahead and drill them and paint. Shipping might a little cheaper to you as well, he's a few hundred miles closer to WI than AL (NV).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hatfield said:
Alright sounds good. He said turn around is 2-3 days, so you've got time. If you can 100% commit I will tell him to go ahead and drill them and paint. Shipping might a little cheaper to you as well, he's a few hundred miles closer to WI than AL (NV).
Yes, I can 100% commit. Tell him to go ahead. PM me the payment details or any other info I may need. Do you want my address and stuff for a final total? I'm assuming $120 for mounts, $11 shipping, $6 in bolts: $137.

Are you getting any?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I am getting one, should have said that. If no one else wants the second then I'll get that one as well. I will PM you the payment details when I get them from him.

·
Registered
523 Posts
No bueno for me right now...Christmas is killing me with three girls, a wife, and a kabillion other folks.

Any chance of a later batch....say after New Years?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I could probably get my brother to make some of those.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sammynomas said:
Any chance of a later batch....say after New Years?
Possibly. He said he may want to get them destructive tested if there is enough demand. With a M14 12.9 screw, their yield strength was 17610 lbs.

By my calculations, a M10 screw with a min yield strength of 174000 psi will yield at 32000 lbf. Therefore, I don't think it was the screws that began to yield on these, but the bracket itself.

I am going to go ahead and order 4. Proptied has 2, I have 1, so there is 1 left for someone. Chime in if you want it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hatfield said:
Yes I am getting one, should have said that. If no one else wants the second then I'll get that one as well. I will PM you the payment details when I get them from him.
Any info yet? I can pay in the morning.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PM'd. If anyone else is interested, let me know tonight!

·
Registered
180 Posts
How did these work out? I know it's been a while, just checking to see if the original posters are still around to give an update.

Anyone else been able to locate front recovery point brackets for sale? Any luck fabricating your own?

I've searched for 55mm center-to-center comparable recovery points, but no luck so far. I've had to just hitt up local salvage yards for additional tow hooks to add front and rear. Prefer to find something that I can attach shackles.

Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts