Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I finally found that coolant leak that I talked about in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57724&p=491946#p491946

Where I put the circle, in between the throttle cables and down in that "hole" area.

This is what I found.

Now given the area that the coolant has puddled, would you guys say that it is a head gasket issue? Or is there something else within that area that has coolant run through it, and would it be possible that that's what is leaking?

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
right under there is a little opening in the block where a tube goes in. This tube goes to the heater core. the tube has an oring that keeps the seal. If this o-ring decides to go then you get a coolant leak. My money is on the o-ring. These engines dont really have head gasket issues or head issues. Atleast not many that I've seen on here. The o-ring thing on the other hand has come up a couple of times. So thats my best educated guess. As always you wont truly know until you get in there.

Reactions: Canuck

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Yup, that O-Ring is suspect. Replace the thermostat with an OEM one while you are in there. It also could be the coolant that passes through the throttle body, but you can check that by just feeling those hoses and the bottom of the throttle body.

-Tad

·
Registered
504 Posts
The Isuzu are notorious for leaking coolant under the intake. I have had to fix a couple of them. Just make sure you fix ALL the issues while you have the intake off. Also spend a little extra and get good replacement parts. After this fix all you need to do is the timing belt and water pump fix. Then you fixed the 2 most common problems with these motors.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I assume I would have to take the intake off in order to fix the issue at hand, replace the thermo.......and what else should I do while it's off?

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
any and all coolant hoses in the way!

Reactions: Canuck
1 - 7 of 7 Posts