Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was using an awesome software called Ad Notifier Pro V2.27 but back in mid 2012 the CL attorneys sent "cease and desist" letters to many of the developers of many 3rd party apps that would search CL and notify you.
So the Ad Notifier software and many other CL notification sofware programs went to the wayside.
Recently I've just been doing manual searches on CL and searchtempest.....but its too time consuming. Then I found a site called ifttt.com
(stands for "if this then that"). The site lets you set up recipes where if a certain item appears on CL you will automatically get an email. Its not as user friendly as CL but if you're like me and always looking for random stuff but dont wanna spend the time searching, its a good tool.
There are youtube vids you can watch to learn how to use ifttt.com for CL searches.

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeah, it works, I use it several times a day looking project parts. Be aware though, Murphy's Law is in effect on the website: if you see a part for an unbelievable price, it will be on the opposite side of which coast you're on.

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,713 Posts
jessejames4 said:
Yeah, it works, I use it several times a day looking project parts. Be aware though, Murphy's Law is in effect on the website: if you see a part for an unbelievable price, it will be on the opposite side of which coast you're on.
I stumbled onto some TD Trooper parts several years back, via searchtempest. They were indeed across the country, and the crate weighed about 80 lbs. But I got some really good stuff from that haul, including a turbo and manifolds! :D

Jack

21 - 32 of 32 Posts