Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys put the extra switches? I am just wondering how creative some people have gotten. I need some inspiration.

This includes but is not limited to; driving lights, off road lighting, floodlights etc.

Just post a picture or explain what you did. Maybe even how you mounted them.

Thanks,

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Went with factory headlamp switch; extreme left.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replies and keep them coming! My passodeo will be getting some lights once i get home. how hard was it to wire the lights and switches?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
very easy. one wire to lights. one wire to battery or other source, one to ground (for lighted switches).

this is if you dont have a relay, ofcourse. relays aren't much harder to wire.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pmat said:
very easy. one wire to lights. one wire to battery or other source, one to ground (for lighted switches).

this is if you dont have a relay, ofcourse. relays aren't much harder to wire.
Ah, okay. As long as its not a crapload of wires and stuff, I am all set.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Here's a simple schematic using a relay which I suggest using.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shooter said:
Here's a simple schematic using a relay which I suggest using.

Thanks Shooter. Any idea how this schematic would change if i used a factory Foglight switch?

·
Registered
396 Posts
In my 94 Rodeo I just used factory front and rear fog lamp switches, in the factory spots (next to the rear defroster switch)

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
rodeopassportenthusiast said:
Thanks Shooter. Any idea how this schematic would change if i used a factory Foglight switch?
It would be like the schematic, however, you'd use a factory switch. It should have a terminal on the back for power in, either from the fuse box or from the battery and the other terminal would be to send power to the lights when the switch in in the on position.. Disregard the wires to the indicator light. You have the option of sending power to the switch either from a wire that is only hot when the key is on or from a constant hot.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I put my switches in the console of my old rodeo, the blanks where it looks like switches might be. I don't have any pictures of it though, still looking for em'. The switches with my light fit right in there, it was perfect

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
For my bumper driving lights, added a dimmer switch on the floor. Simple on / off.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
maxwell417 said:
For my bumper driving lights, added a dimmer switch on the floor. Simple on / off.
So simple yet so innovative. My favorite thus far.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Forgot to mention added a led pilot light where the O2 light would be, v6 doesn't us the hole.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
all of you guys have done something different, all really cool ways. right now i will probably try to use the factory fog light switch, because i like the clean stock look. however that can change if i ever add more lights... :twisted:

keep the replies coming, everyones way of doing things is unique, and provides inspiration for me.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Found a picture of mine. There ended up being another switch just like it right next to this one (you can see the spot where it would go)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MOUNTAINEERISUZU1 said:
pop that change thingy out and snap in a stock fog light switch. fits perfect.
that is what I am thinking. Either that or RamAirZ's plan.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.