Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Can I ask why it needed a new engine at such low mileage?

Post up some pics, and also make a reference to how often the transmission fluid's been changed, this is a super big item on these automatic 4L30.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
I am.....was interested, looks like a clean truck.

I have to say though, what concerns me is your saying the transmission fluid is probably original, meaning that the fluid is 9yrs old....which is VERY concerning.

The transmission fluid in these trucks (although the warranty manual tells you differently) should be changed at least once a year or every 25k miles at most. ATF fluid that's 9yrs old, even if it looks clean (which I find that hard to believe), is way past it's lubricating properties and worn out.

Were you in the bay when the dealer checked the ATF condition?

It does look like a very nice truck, with low mileage, but the lack of frequent ATF changes do scare me.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Most of us here are just very particulate about the 4L30 cause they can seem to get fussy.

If you have the transmission serviced, make sure they do NOT flush the transmission, they need drop the pan, change the filter and just refill with clean ATF....do NOT let them add any kind of additives, that stuff's not needed in an otherwise perfectly working transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts