Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Rodeo 2WD 4ZE1/T5 CA Spec - 2016 RAM1500 Pentastar (22mpg) - 1986 RockZuk on Toyota Axles
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attaching a picture to clarify exactly what trim piece I'm talking about. I can see 3 screws, just curious what else might be holding it on, if there's any plastic clips that are likely to break, etc. Thinking about painting it but not if it's easy to break, the way it's faded is probably the most noticeable cosmetic problem on the truck.

Tire Wheel Plant Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
877 Posts
If your planning to paint it anyways... Have you tired plastic restoration stuff on it? Maybe like some type of industrial grade amor all? I ask because my Trooper has faded mudflaps that I'd like to remedy.

·
Registered
1993 Rodeo 2WD 4ZE1/T5 CA Spec - 2016 RAM1500 Pentastar (22mpg) - 1986 RockZuk on Toyota Axles
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There’s another on top.
And then 3 snap tits on the side.

i know because I just welded my window up and have removed that piece maybe half dozen times.
I tried some on the old ones just for you, negative. Now I'm not saying there isn't a $30 tiny bottle of blackest black plastic trim restorer that might, but the $10 version didn't do anything. Truck is going to be my wife's daily driver for a very short commute so I pulled some white ones off a junked passport and spray painted them pink with the good auto grade and fusion clear coat
Tire Wheel Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,421 Posts
Now that will get some attention

1 - 5 of 5 Posts