Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gang, thanks for all the help, after days of wondering we finally found the problem to be the tranny. Loss of power in Over drive then a terrible burning smell, throw it in Low and it takes right off all power restored, 1st and 2nd work great all power is as expected, 3rd and drive do not work very good but at other times it does work perfect, so when i was losing power and driving while having that powerloss my motor was shutting off, start right back up i'd throw it in drive and go alil bit and boom dead again, so anyway, what kind of money is involved with the tranny rebuild and how hard are they to find used. ??? Not one shop in my town will touch the tranny, and the closest dealer is near 150miles away. So any advise will yet again be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Your tranny may just be going into limp mode. It may not need a rebuild. I don't know enough about this to talk further, as I am a manual guy.

I'm sure someone will speak up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
One way to test the Transmission and TMC is to discount the TMC and change the gears manualy to make sure it is not the transmission that is acting up. I strongly think it is your TMC . Old Trooper Trannys were made by Toyota and they are bullet proof. Don't start a new tread each time so we can follow your progress, man you are all over the place :lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
NOTE: I HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS AS YOU with my 93 trooper. Costed me $2400 to have the tranny rebuilt only to have this issue happen again. Replace your alternator first!

If the solenoids aren't getting enough juice, they throw the tranny into limp home mode, which exactly matches your description.

And yes, please contain to one thread :D

Oh and tell the tranny shop if they wont touch it, ask them why they are afraid to touch a GM transmission. 4L30E is about as straight forward as they get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.