Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been finally repairing some jobs that have been long overdue on my 92 rodeo.I did my back brake shoes 2 weeks ago and last week it started to squeel abit when turning right and braking,so i took my rear drums off to find my driver side axle seal decided to start leaking,great! So this is a chevy rear with c-clips so it should be easy,right? Wrong! When i unbolted the small bolt that holds the crosspin between the spider gears in, it actually broke in half,needless to say i was fuming now thinking how the hell can i get the rest out or i'm screwed.I thought worst comes to worst i,ll drill right through it if i have to,luckily i drilled a small hole in it and used a easy out to get it out,by the way this is a centrifical clutch posi that i,ve never seen before.So all's good,got the axles out and changed the left seal,go to passenger side and take old seal off and find a roller bearing in two pieces with the cage bent abit ,Dammit! .I ended up changing both bearings and seals with the use of axle bearing puller i borrowed from a mechanic friend and managed to save my new brake pads with the use of brake cleaner and sandpaper.So all and all it was under a 100.00 dollar repair.But,i still had the squeel so i checked my front brakes and sure enough they were down to paper thin.Now today i,m changing the pads and found the cause to a clunking noise that also surfaced a couple weeks ago,upper control arm bushings are shot on the passenger side,so i guess it's back to my mechanic friend to use his impact wrench to loosen those two big bolts that hold the arm on then i should be able to handle the rest,i hope.I,ll post back in about a week to let you know how it went.By the way ,aside from universal joints,alternator,waterpump and brake jobs,.this rodeo has held up well considering it has 270,000kms on it and 4x4ed lot's.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts