Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all i can see when I open the passenger front door is one bolt holding the fender on.
Is this the only top one?
Going to remove the dent in my fender and it has to come off.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
88BamaTrooper said:
all i can see when I open the passenger front door is one bolt holding the fender on.
THERE IS ONE ABOUT HALF WAY DOWN THE FENDER THAT BOLT STO A SMALL BRACKET ABOUT MIDWAY OF THE FENDER AND THERE ARE 2 BOLTS ON THE BOTTOM AT THE EDGE OF THE ROCKER THAT HAS TO BE REMOVED AND THE ROW ALONG THE INSIDE OF THE FENDER EDGE.AND TWO IN THE FRT UNDER THE HEAD LITE THAT HOLDS THE FRONT PANEL IN PLACE THAT GOES ALL THE WAY ACROSS

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JLEMOND said:
88BamaTrooper said:
THERE IS ONE ABOUT HALF WAY DOWN THE FENDER THAT BOLT STO A SMALL BRACKET ABOUT MIDWAY OF THE FENDER AND THERE ARE 2 BOLTS ON THE BOTTOM AT THE EDGE OF THE ROCKER THAT HAS TO BE REMOVED AND THE ROW ALONG THE INSIDE OF THE FENDER EDGE.AND TWO IN THE FRT UNDER THE HEAD LITE THAT HOLDS THE FRONT PANEL IN PLACE THAT GOES ALL THE WAY ACROSS
THanks.didn't see the one halfway down.I will attempt this tmrw.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Actually there are 3 on the inside of the door opening then one thru the flange on the rocker panel. The 2 on the valance at the front are very soft and usually strip the philips head, best to soak them in pen-oil before you start. If that doesn't work use a small visegrips to grab the head and loosen them. Also while you have the fender off you might want to check your top door hinge if it is loose or sagging you can switch it with the opposite side back door hinge. Way easy when the fender is off. DAVE

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Actually there are 3 on the inside of the door opening then one thru the flange on the rocker panel. The 2 on the valance at the front are very soft and usually strip the philips head, best to soak them in pen-oil before you start. If that doesn't work use a small visegrips to grab the head and loosen them. Also while you have the fender off you might want to check your top door hinge if it is loose or sagging you can switch it with the opposite side back door hinge. Way easy when the fender is off. DAVE

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,176 Posts
You may just want to put a new one on. Got an after market one made in taiwan for under 40 dollars for my 85.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts