Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A copy and paste from a wiki page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observable_universe

Some parts of the universe may simply be too far away for the light emitted from there at any moment since the Big Bang to have had enough time to reach Earth at present, so these portions of the universe would currently lie outside the observable universe. In the future the light from distant galaxies will have had more time to travel, so some regions not currently observable will become observable in the future. However, due to Hubble's law regions sufficiently distant from us are expanding away from us much faster than the speed of light (special relativity prevents nearby objects in the same local region from moving faster than the speed of light with respect to each other, but there is no such constraint for distant objects when the space between them is expanding; see uses of the proper distance for a discussion), and the expansion rate appears to be accelerating due to dark energy.
So, to travel faster than the speed of light, all we have to do is to figure out how to compress space.

:wink: :alien:

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When speculating about UFOs, decades ago, I theorized that if we ever figured out how to do the things they supposedly can do, it would probably be be done gravimetrically. (Gravitationally ?) Utilizing some form of electromagnetism.

On the heels of reading the above, I remembered the electromagnetic gravitational drive idea, and thought... Well, the only way we'll ever 'compress space' is gravitationally...

Don't ask me how they'll do this.

Coming up with the theory, is as far as I get. LOL Something in my brain tells me that it is possible. But no part of my brain is forthcoming with any details as to HOW. (In other words, it's easy to travel faster than the speed of me.)

Kind of reminds me of a dream I had several years ago.

I was looking up at the sky.

There was a band of light across the sky. (Kind of like the milky way.)

That band was an army. On horses. Rushing toward earth.

What was strange was that I could actually SEE them, individually. And yet I could see all of them, as a whole. Like seeing the forest, AND seeing every individual tree just as clearly

Even more strange was that I could see the entire earth, as well.

The earth was a ball beneath me, as usual. But it was also a ball around me, as well. And I could see any person, anywhere in the world, just as clearly as if they were standing near me.

It's like the world stretched out around and above me, like I was in a big curved canyon, the size of the earth. And every point on the earth just as far from me, as it actually IS right now. With all those other people out there, standing in their spots, just like me. I could see all of them, and the earth as a whole. But turn my eye to anyone in particular, and instantly they were just as clear as if we were waving back and forth to each other, from the road to my house. Because while they were still thousands of miles away from me... They were ALSO just feet or inches away from me.

And that army was hundreds of billions of miles away. And yet was still nearly upon us.

And none of this seemed strange.

I'm thinking that ...somehow... space can be compressed. Even while it isn't.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
i compress space all the time.

with a air compressor. :albino:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
The way to compress space is the way most of the world does it already. Keep breeding like flys on a finite world!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Finding and collecting enough antimatter and using the weight as a gravitational pull to compress space?

Black holes and einsteins theory on wormholes?

Question though... with the relationship between space and time if you were able to compress space to travel at speeds faster than light, would an outside viewer see you move or would you still be sitting there in view for the outside observer while you are actually travelling and long gone from the spot you were at? Like the theory of being pulled in to a black hole at such a speed you instantaneously break down to nothing but someone watching through a telescope would see you sitting in the black hole forever?

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GoodyMOBB said:
Finding and collecting enough antimatter and using the weight as a gravitational pull to compress space?

Question though... with the relationship between space and time if you were able to compress space to travel at speeds faster than light, would an outside viewer see you move or would you still be sitting there in view for the outside observer while you are actually travelling and long gone from the spot you were at? Like the theory of being pulled in to a black hole at such a speed you instantaneously break down to nothing but someone watching through a telescope would see you sitting in the black hole forever?
Exactly. I think if you could do it, you actually would still be at the start, and at the destination at the same time, for a bit.

·
Registered
646 Posts

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Selador said:
GoodyMOBB said:

Exactly. I think if you could do it, you actually would still be at the start, and at the destination at the same time, for a bit.
Something occurred to me a bit ago, while helping a neighbor wrestle a huge cabinet into place.

If you compress space to travel from one place to the other, I think you'd be in three places, not two, as you were traveling.

You'd be at both the start and the destination at the same time. But technically, you'd also be in between, in that compressed space.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Selador said:
Kind of reminds me of a dream I had several years ago.
Following a dream I had three years ago, I have become deeply moved by the plight of the Tibetan people, and have been filled with a desire to help them. I also awoke from the same dream realizing that I had subconsciously gained knowledge of a deductive technique, involving mind-body coordination operating hand-in-hand with the deepest level of intuition.

Compress that space!

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ghost said:
speed of light limit has been broken !!!!!!(still being checked but still went faster) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.b3d9f02b14ba79b0c63acba3fdcc3df9.5b1
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/10322665/lightspeed-particles-may-break-laws-of-physics/ try that one
Since this was edited, it was only by chance that I saw the second link. Actually, more than chance. I was curious, and was thinking of trying the first link again. So it was a pleasant surprise to find the second link. (It works, by the way. And very interesting. I wonder how and where they will re-test this ?)

This is one of the problems with editing. I think most people are like me. I don't go back and re-read the entire thread again, once I have read it. Just to see if anyone has edited something that I have already read. I have no doubt I have missed other stuff, in other threads, as well. LOL

·
Registered
877 Posts
I believe UFOs use electro-magnetism to create and manipulate gravitational fields. By doing this the ships wiring cannot be electrical but would be fiber optic, which is better anyways. If not the elector-magnetism would mess up all the electronics. If this ship could defy gravity it would have to have create a natural gravity within it for the occupants. Kinda like how airplanes create an artificial atmospheric pressure within the cabin. So the inside space and time would remain a constant, if not I think one would not survive. For example, it's like cutting a piece of the space and time fabric out and moving it elsewhere using gravity. Then I believe one could travel at or faster than the speed of light.
The interesting thing about traveling at the speed of light is that aging stops.

·
Registered
608 Posts
We are living in a very interesting time...synonymous with people discovering that the world really isn't flat.
Its times like this I think about heading back to college and getting my PhD in physics.
But ... I'd have to sell my pup to do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts