• Nov 11-14

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Nov 18-21

Votes: 2 22.2%
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Let me figure out who's bringing what food making equipment. Once I do that I'll post what we need and people can chime in on what they can bring. Keep a total of what it cost and we can divide up what we owe each other.

·
Registered
506 Posts
What equipment do you need?
So Mike is bringing a decent sized 3500w ultra quiet generator a large gas grill coffee maker coolers and dinner for all one night, prob Saturday. I'll bring another coffee maker a ton of drop cords, cooler etc. JP usually brings a big generator and air compressor we use to air up tires when we depart on sun. A flat top style grill(which I'm waiting to hear from him if he's bringing) coolers and other camp essentials like 5gal jugs of water. We usually always have what we need however the turn out this time is going to be double what we saw in the spring. Ice is gonna be essential, we can get that at the outpost. I have a latern as does Lorenzo. But more the better. Fire wood is gonna be essential. We need all we can get so if you have some bring it since they frown on us cutting even dead trees on site. Someone usually brings a chainsaw and maul to cut and split just in case. Fire starting materials are also needed. Mike usually brings all the cooking pots pans utensils cast iron etc as does Lorenzo, JP and Peter. Once I gather what everyone is actually bringing I'll update the post on what is missing.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I'm also bringing my Blackstone griddle, chainsaw, a 20'x30' tarp to hang in case of rain, and a mess of other random gear...

Yes, my generator is super quiet and should be all the power we need,

As far as meals are concerned everyone usually does their own thing Thursday & Friday. Sometimes a pot luck is thrown together Friday for dinner.

Breakfasts are a mixed bag. Some like to rise early, and others sleep till 10 minutes before we hit the trail. I can bring enough eggs to feed everyone if we want to do a group breakfast one morning.

Lunches are a fend for yourself event.

Saturday dinner is already planed. I will go shopping Tuesday or Wednesday for everything once I get a final head count for dinner. Unless someone has a better plan I will be ordering steaks from my butcher. Grilled corn on the cob, and a baked potato bar should cover us for dinner. I will also be making cobbler for desert. I am sure I will throw some other food into the mix, but that is the current plan.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What does one need to do to get in on the group? I have a RTT on a trailer--is that OK to bring? Or should I reserve a site, proper?

·
Registered
506 Posts
What does one need to do to get in on the group? I have a RTT on a trailer--is that OK to bring? Or should I reserve a site, proper?
You can come to group camp if you plan on staying in your RTT. Unfortunately we don't have any tent pad space left but we can find you a place to park.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
If we’re in C, don’t forget the few spots to the far right of the double parking spots. If you’re facing where I parked and slept, it is to the left of that. Those are ours too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well.. I start a new Job on 11/1 but I'm thinking to try make it for the weekend. I'll have an RTT as well, but might bring a tow vehicle so I can be as stupid as I want to be in the trooper, lol.
Group camp sounds more fun, but I booked a space for the truck and trailer in space 4 lower loop of Arrowhead - 4th -7th.

Brandon Burdick

·
Registered
506 Posts
Well.. I start a new Job on 11/1 but I'm thinking to try make it for the weekend. I'll have an RTT as well, but might bring a tow vehicle so I can be as stupid as I want to be in the trooper, lol.
Group camp sounds more fun, but I booked a space for the truck and trailer in space 4 lower loop of Arrowhead - 4th -7th.

Brandon Burdick
Awesome. Yea it's getting tight for space at group camp. You are more than welcome to come and hang out, but try and catch a ride w someone else from arrowhead. If you wanna stay longer then your ride then someone can always give u a ride back.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
All I can say is things aren't what they used to be and I'll just learn to adapt.:p

Sounds like the party will be at the group camp site which I'll have to find while cutting and gathering firewood... if that's still allowable in a National Forest:rolleyes:

I've been trying to find some ammunition in https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-36/chapter-I in case the camp hosts are still there ( after writing a few emails to the NFS ) but I'm hopping they have left.;)

Anyone else doing anything else besides trail riding.... gold panning, kayaking... fixing broken trucks?:p

Just realized that it's less than 2 weeks away... :oops:

·
Registered
213 Posts
@Van I'm going to try and go to the firing range...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Oh okay. Well I'm actually going to try and go to the range.

·
Registered
Bone stock 1989 Trooper S 2.8.
75 Posts
So, at the risk of sounding like a Nervous Nellie, is anyone thinking about Covid precautions? Or has that already been discussed?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You take your own precautions. If ya don’t wanna shake hands then elbow or fist bump. If ya don’t wanna swig from the jug, ask for a cup and first pour or bring ya own. It’s outdoors and to each their own. If someone speaks up they want space then so be it.
life goes on.
Ive already had the China crap. Let’s roll

·
Registered
506 Posts
So it appears that we are going to have everything we are gonna need equipment wise. However we can never have enough clean water, paper towels, paper plates, and cups. I f anyone has fold able tables we can use all you can bring. Also a reminder to bring your own food for lunches on the trail and whatever you want to drink for the entire time. Looks like there will be a group dinner at the group camp site sat night. Please bring 10 bucks per person in cash or Venmo/Paypal for Mike to cover the cost, he gets/makes awesome steaks. I will prob cook a big breakfast Sat and Sun morning. We can never have enough bacon eggs and bfast stuff so whoever wants to bring something for me to cook please do. If anyone thinks of anything else please chime in.

For those who are coming for the first time. Please stop at the Outpost BP(google it for address) gas station outside the national forest for your trail passes, they are $5 per day and everyone is responsible for their own. Also its where you get range passes if you plan on shooting at the range they are also 5 per day however the range is ALWAYS packed and be prepared to wait a while to shoot. Its the only place anywhere close to get ice, fuel and other supplies so stock up.

Between the Group and Arrowhead camp grounds it looks like we will have at least 30 people in total coming for this event. Its been a long time since we have had a turn out this size, hopefully everyone is as excited as I am.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Good evening campers,

I have the eggs covered for the group breakfast. I will be picking up four 18 count containers of farm fresh free range eggs courtesy of a farming buddy of mine. That's 72 eggs for the mathematically challenged. I think that should be enough! :ROFLMAO:

I am so excited about this trip that I started packing last weekend. Smitty's Trooper is already packed with about as much as it will carry. I have also very thankfully secured a trailer to haul the Heep down on for Smitty. I believe he will drive the Trooper down, then wheel the Heep. I'll be piloting the Trooper once there. We will be arriving Thursday afternoon and beginning to set up base camp.

As Mr Dunge stated it looks like we will have a small army of Isuzu enthusiasts with us this trip which is AWESOME! Please check back on the first page of this thread and make sure your name is on the group camp list if you plan to camp there. If your name isn't there please send me a PM. Also, if you aren't camping with us but plan on being there for dinner Saturday night, please PM me. We ran short on food last trip do to surprise folks showing up. We certainly don't want to have to turn anyone away.

Getting close folks!! 🍺

Reactions: MrDunge
61 - 80 of 108 Posts