• Nov 11-14

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Nov 18-21

Votes: 2 22.2%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
You know I'm down. Propose some dates last couple weeks of Oct into the first weekend of Nov is the norm. But you know this mannnnnnnn. Let's get this party started.

·
Registered
533 Posts
paulevans76 said:
Just so any of you "out of towners" know - I'd go out on a limb and say that the vast majority of us have an open door policy - if you wanted to come hang out and ride, drive, spot with others in their rigs, we'd be happy to accommodate. Plenty of times guys will have breakage and be unable to continue wheeling and we will just hop in with someone else. I get wanting to bring your rig and hit these trails, but if you want to just come out and meet and have fun, we'd be happy to host you! :mrgreen:
Absolutely Paul. I totally agree. We welcome all of you to come down. I also have a link to a nice 2 bedroom house just outside of the national forest thats very affordable I have personally stayed at if anyone would rather have a actual roof over thier heads lol.

·
Registered
533 Posts
lorenzo816 said:
Well if you have no stories to tell and no breakage? Did it really happen?
:mrgreen:
Um you ever heard of thing called a camera phone, they have been around for a few years now lol

·
Registered
533 Posts
CodeElegance said:
Hey, this would be my first year if I can make it (health). I have a truck camper and will probably throw a towbar on the front of my Trooper to get it there. Not new to mudding (what we used to call it in the PNW), but new to group events like this. Anything I should do/know/prepare for? I'm just starting on my 89, and it only has cracked street tires on it for now, so not sure how much it can take. Although, as a test, I neatly parked it on it's trailer hitch yesterday. "Oops"?
You are welcome to come, just bring some cash to share the cost of dinner and the site(paypal and cashapp work too), if you wanna eat and camp w us. We are more than willing to take a peek at your rig and give you a idea of what trails you can do and which ones you may wanna pass on. Even a stock rig can do most of them, esp if it has a LSD rear or locker. Bring your own alcohol if you drink, and whatever you wanna eat, drink or snack on for lunch on trial as we typically spend all day Sat out there. A few get there on Thursday afternoon and most Friday at some point.

We also are a laid back crew, we joke w each other and are constantly making fun of Lorenzo so bring a sense of humor. Group dinner is usually Sat and someone (I did last time) makes breakfast Sat and Sun morning. Im sure someone else will add to what I said. Any other questions just ask

·
Registered
533 Posts
CodeElegance said:
I must have missed the basics. Like, what campground, and how to reserve. Also, paypal info for "stuff".
Oh, yea we have a group camp you are welcome to show up to. You can contribute once you get there since the amount is determined by how many show up to camp and eat. Usually it's like 30 a person for the weekend for camping and 10 to 15 a person for the weekend towards the food. If you back read we stay at the Badin lake group camp site. This time we booked site C. If you put it in your GPS it will take you to the group camp and there are plenty of signs pointing the way once you get into the national forest. Look for the Isuzu's since the sites are in a big circle. There are showers and bathrooms in the middle and are pretty decent.

·
Registered
533 Posts
So I always say, start with very low expectations. That way, you can only go up, right. I've sent an informal invitation to the INEOS Grenadier Prototype Tour Team to come to URE in November (If not then, perhaps sometime then?) Anyway, this is just a heads up that with the announcement of INEOS establishing a presence here in N.C. (which means - jobs), that UNF might become a central proving ground for them. SO, if INEOS creates an account here and begins asking questions about November, it won't be a surprise. :cool: Driving the Grenadier

I have been following them for a while and it would be awesome to be part of that. Thanks Don

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just put some new tires on and man what a difference. Yokohama G015... It's like Bentley quiet in the truck now :p
Still won't help you get unstuck from a rock ledge lol

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ok to help Mike out here is the latest list for the camp sites. Looks like we are gonna be booked up and have a good turn out for the run. Just know if you arent on the list and decide to show up there prob isnt gonna be room at group camp and will have to find a spot on the trail or at Arrowhead if there is still open sites. All are welcome to come the the group dinner. See below for details on that.

Tonkatoy & crew
Mr Dunge & Bride of Dunge
Nate and Wife
JP, Ditchdoc, Bride of Ditchdoc & herd of dogs
Trev1980 & son
Superswire
Lorenzo (sleeping in truck)
Paulevan76-----day ride (might stay Fri night in rig)
Dylan-day ride
Gunnar
CodeElegance
Andrew
Bigbugboogers
Tony
JaLinker- Roof top Tent at Group Camp

Those camping at Arrowhead:

Jerry (Site 32)
Van (Site 34)
Roxy (Site 30)
Lowzone (Site 19)
Brandon (Site 4)

Also since Mike is to nice to remind everyone. If you are camping at group camp bring 30 bucks cash or Paypal for the stay at group camp. Thats for the entire 4th-7th. Also if you wanna eat at the group dinner on either Fri or Sat bring or be able to Paypal 10 bucks to cover the food

·
Registered
533 Posts
Add 2 more bodies to Uwharrie Nov. 4 -7. (First name is Vernon and I have Troopers, hence my planet isuzu handle is verooper) Looking forward to meeting fellow isuzu enthusiast (nuts). I will not be pulling camper.

This will my first time to the event. See you soon!
Awesome. I think we will have room. If you have questions on where to go or where we will be please let us know. Also please stop at the gas station outside the park called "the outpost" that's where you get trail passes for the trails and any supplies you need. Food isn't bad either.

·
Registered
533 Posts
@lorenzo816. You gotta get up before lunch to have breakfast hahaha. Bring the food I'll cook it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Let me figure out who's bringing what food making equipment. Once I do that I'll post what we need and people can chime in on what they can bring. Keep a total of what it cost and we can divide up what we owe each other.

·
Registered
533 Posts
What equipment do you need?
So Mike is bringing a decent sized 3500w ultra quiet generator a large gas grill coffee maker coolers and dinner for all one night, prob Saturday. I'll bring another coffee maker a ton of drop cords, cooler etc. JP usually brings a big generator and air compressor we use to air up tires when we depart on sun. A flat top style grill(which I'm waiting to hear from him if he's bringing) coolers and other camp essentials like 5gal jugs of water. We usually always have what we need however the turn out this time is going to be double what we saw in the spring. Ice is gonna be essential, we can get that at the outpost. I have a latern as does Lorenzo. But more the better. Fire wood is gonna be essential. We need all we can get so if you have some bring it since they frown on us cutting even dead trees on site. Someone usually brings a chainsaw and maul to cut and split just in case. Fire starting materials are also needed. Mike usually brings all the cooking pots pans utensils cast iron etc as does Lorenzo, JP and Peter. Once I gather what everyone is actually bringing I'll update the post on what is missing.

·
Registered
533 Posts
What does one need to do to get in on the group? I have a RTT on a trailer--is that OK to bring? Or should I reserve a site, proper?
You can come to group camp if you plan on staying in your RTT. Unfortunately we don't have any tent pad space left but we can find you a place to park.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well.. I start a new Job on 11/1 but I'm thinking to try make it for the weekend. I'll have an RTT as well, but might bring a tow vehicle so I can be as stupid as I want to be in the trooper, lol.
Group camp sounds more fun, but I booked a space for the truck and trailer in space 4 lower loop of Arrowhead - 4th -7th.

Brandon Burdick
Awesome. Yea it's getting tight for space at group camp. You are more than welcome to come and hang out, but try and catch a ride w someone else from arrowhead. If you wanna stay longer then your ride then someone can always give u a ride back.

·
Registered
533 Posts
So it appears that we are going to have everything we are gonna need equipment wise. However we can never have enough clean water, paper towels, paper plates, and cups. I f anyone has fold able tables we can use all you can bring. Also a reminder to bring your own food for lunches on the trail and whatever you want to drink for the entire time. Looks like there will be a group dinner at the group camp site sat night. Please bring 10 bucks per person in cash or Venmo/Paypal for Mike to cover the cost, he gets/makes awesome steaks. I will prob cook a big breakfast Sat and Sun morning. We can never have enough bacon eggs and bfast stuff so whoever wants to bring something for me to cook please do. If anyone thinks of anything else please chime in.

For those who are coming for the first time. Please stop at the Outpost BP(google it for address) gas station outside the national forest for your trail passes, they are $5 per day and everyone is responsible for their own. Also its where you get range passes if you plan on shooting at the range they are also 5 per day however the range is ALWAYS packed and be prepared to wait a while to shoot. Its the only place anywhere close to get ice, fuel and other supplies so stock up.

Between the Group and Arrowhead camp grounds it looks like we will have at least 30 people in total coming for this event. Its been a long time since we have had a turn out this size, hopefully everyone is as excited as I am.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have disappointing news. Long story short, James and I are not going to be able to make it. He is playing soccer, and they have rescheduled games for the weekend of the gathering.

It sounds like this will be a blast and we hate to miss it. Major bummer!
That sucks Trev. Was looking forward to seeing you and your son. Hopefully you can make it in the spring. Good luck on the soccer games.

Reactions: lorenzo816

·
Registered
533 Posts
There is only a couple of days left til Uwharrie. Nate has so kindly volunteered to bring chili for dinner at Group camp Friday night. I would really like to have everyone sound off on here as to who plans on showing up to dinners and what nights so we can try and get a tally on how much exactly we need. Same for breakfast Sat and Sun morn. Thanks all and see you soon

·
Registered
533 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts