• Nov 18-21

Votes: 2 22.2%
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks,

This is the latest I can ever remember without someone posting a Fall Uwharrie planning thread, so I will get the ball rolling. Hi!! :hello2:

For those of you who don't know me, I am one of those chatty old farts who has been around here a long time. There are other's older, and wiser but we are becoming limited in numbers. If you were at the spring event, then we likely met. I am the old fat guy that hosted the group dinner at the Badin Lake Group camp Saturday night. It was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to the next trip this fall. That being said, we need to start the planning process now for that.

What was discussed widely at the spring event was the disruption that the Arrowhead Campground camp hosts have caused to our group. We were fractured into two separate groups because of their overzealous policing of the campground. Myself and others feel this may have been a blessing in disguise as it forced us to look for other camping options. That is when I was turned on to Badin Lake Group camp. We had about a third of the campers stay there this spring for the first time and we had a blast. What we learned is that we should be able to easily have a group our size (up to 40-50 people) fit in the one group campsite that we booked. There is an adjoining site that if we book early we could also reserve if we feel it is needed. There is plenty of parking space for everyone and even enough room for a handful of campers. I believe even Marcus could fit his 5th wheel in there if he so choses. I know Jerry's camper will fit just fine.

The only negative is that there are no electric hookups. The solutions was I brought my inverter generator which provided all the power we needed and was quiet enough not to be bothersome.

I would like to see the whole group in one location again. If you are new to the Planet and haven't been to one of the Uwharrie National Forest trips? Check out some of the previous trip threads. Then plan to come on out and join us. These weekends are usually a lot of fun and we always welcome new people to come out and wheel with us. Never taken your Isuzu (or whatever 4wd you have) off-roading before? Come on out. Most of the trails we run can be run with a stock rig. Just don't be embarrassed to tell us that you are new to this. We were all new to wheeling at one time. There are plenty of people who will be glad to help you learn what not to do. :lol: If you are an old timer like me, I would definitely love to see you come back out with us again. We had a great spring trip. Let's have another one this fall !!

We need to lock down a weekend so we can reserve a site before they are all booked So who is in? Who is out? Who thinks I have clearly had too much to drink and need to go to bed (other than my wife) :drunken:

Come on people, let's go outside and play!!

* EDIT *

Group camp site C has been booked!

Here is a list of who is staying with us at group camp. Please let me know if you plan to join us so I can add you to the list. There are 10 tent pads on the site:

Tonkatoy & crew
Mr Dunge & Bride of Dunge
Nate
JP, Ditchdoc, Bride of Ditchdoc & herd of dogs
Trev1980 & son
Superswire
Lorenzo (sleeping in truck)
Paulevan76?
Dylan?
Gunnar
CodeElegance
Andrew
BigBugBoogers

Those camping at Arrowhead:

Jerry (Site 32)
Van (Site 34)
Roxy (Site 30)
Lowzone (Site 19)

Reactions: paulevans76

·
Registered
482 Posts
You know I'm down. Propose some dates last couple weeks of Oct into the first weekend of Nov is the norm. But you know this mannnnnnnn. Let's get this party started.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I think we are out for this fall trip. For the future, the new campground sounds fine to us. We are supposed to be in TN the middle of Oct but at some point between Mid Sept and Mid Nov. have to move my Mom 1k miles to central FL. Everything is up in the air during that time frame.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I've been on here enough that I'd like to meet some other people, but each trip (spring and fall) usually conflicts with some other thing that I do (Moab and hunting/hurricanes respectively). One day I'd like to come out though. :)
Also I'm pretty far away.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I would propose the weekends of the 16th or the 23rd in Oct. I'm pretty booked up around those dates.

e: just saw the options :drunken: :blackeye: gonna have to choose the later date in Nov.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
paulevans76 said:
I would propose the weekends of the 16th or the 23rd in Oct. I'm pretty booked up around those dates.
Unfortunately, I had to rule out earlier dates because of limited campsite availability. That is also why I limited the pole to 30 days. I want to get a site reserved ASAP. Once we lock a date down, I will book the group camp. Then like last trip folks can just throw some cash at me at camp The beginning of October is a busy time for me. My anniversary is the 11th and my oldest bday is the 18th Plus... It's College Football season! I hate to miss opportunities to watch my LSU Tigers play. :headbang:

Reactions: paulevans76

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
TonkaToy said:
paulevans76 said:
Unfortunately, I had to rule out earlier dates because of limited campsite availability. That is also why I limited the pole to 30 days. I want to get a site reserved ASAP. Once we lock a date down, I will book the group camp. Then like last trip folks can just throw some cash at me at camp The beginning of October is a busy time for me. My anniversary is the 11th and my oldest bday is the 18th Plus... It's College Football season! I hate to miss opportunities to watch my LSU Tigers play. :headbang:
HI MIKE . I HAVE MY OLD SPACE ALL READY RESERVED SPACE NO 32 WED THRU SUNDAY NOV 3 THRU 7 JERRY

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Y'all know the old saying... if you don't succeed at 1st, try, try again. :wink:

I went ahead and made reservations for 3-7 Nov, site #34 reserved... screw the camp host's :thefinger: (I'll have to get the guy that was famous for posting that emoji back out there again also... Doug). :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well now...

It seems that a decision has been made. If Jerry and Van have made the call, then I am following suit. Nov 4th - 7th it is.

I will work on getting the group camp booked for those dates. Let's get this party started!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've got #30 on upper loop Nov5 - Nov7

·
Registered
55 Posts
James and I will plan to be there. Mike, we'll join in on the group camping spot, if you have room for us.

Trevor

·
Super Moderator
1,444 Posts
Total thread noise, but: like @enemigo above, wish I was close enough to go. Used to be on the east coast but now western - distances and a different culture out here make these group things harder to do. Wish it were not so.

·
Registered
452 Posts
More noise.
I just looked, 44 Hrs drive for me :(

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Just so any of you "out of towners" know - I'd go out on a limb and say that the vast majority of us have an open door policy - if you wanted to come hang out and ride, drive, spot with others in their rigs, we'd be happy to accommodate. Plenty of times guys will have breakage and be unable to continue wheeling and we will just hop in with someone else. I get wanting to bring your rig and hit these trails, but if you want to just come out and meet and have fun, we'd be happy to host you! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
482 Posts
paulevans76 said:
Just so any of you "out of towners" know - I'd go out on a limb and say that the vast majority of us have an open door policy - if you wanted to come hang out and ride, drive, spot with others in their rigs, we'd be happy to accommodate. Plenty of times guys will have breakage and be unable to continue wheeling and we will just hop in with someone else. I get wanting to bring your rig and hit these trails, but if you want to just come out and meet and have fun, we'd be happy to host you! :mrgreen:
Absolutely Paul. I totally agree. We welcome all of you to come down. I also have a link to a nice 2 bedroom house just outside of the national forest thats very affordable I have personally stayed at if anyone would rather have a actual roof over thier heads lol.

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,713 Posts
Gotta do this one of these days. It sounds like a pilgrimage, and you're not really legit if you haven't yet done it. :D

Jack

·
Registered
633 Posts
to anyone thinking about coming for thier 1st time, just do it...

Mike, Im in dude. Group camp or ???

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
roxyschram said:
I've got #30 on upper loop Nov5 - Nov7
Welcome back Roxy!

You are welcome to join us at Group Camp. It will be cheaper than staying at Arrowhead and without the Nazi camp hosts spying on us. We really enjoyed it for the spring trip.

It will be good to see you either way. :wave:

Reactions: superswire

·
Registered
57 Posts
Could someone post where the campsites are specifically in Uwharrie national forest and the roads we may be driving?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts