Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Haha, yeah. Dont even know what season it is!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm in site 24 for Friday and Saturday night if anyone wants to split it. I'm camping in my SLX... it's an electric tent only site.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I've got site 12 Thurs thru Sat, couldn't get Sat night. Pretty much only the non-electric and tent only left in Arrowhead.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
List has been updated.

I've got a couple things for sale as usual. :lol:

2 pairs of tire chains which have never been used and fit 33x10.50, 15" tires... link to website.... https://www.tirechain.com/33X10.5-15.htm

Look at the second line of chains... Heavy Duty, V-Bar, 7.92mm, no cams, $174.23 per pair. ASKING PRICE FOR 1 PAIR IS $75... BOTH PAIRS $140

Also have 2 Coleman white fuel lanterns for $15

Do we plan on doing a group dinner this year???????????????????????????????????????????

Attachments

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Smitty and I are trying to get our act together to get down there. I've got some issues to work through with the motorhome, and Smitty has to rebuild the brakes on the Heep. We might just tent camp if I can't find time to finish. I would bring the truck camper down, but it has issues as well... Come to thing of it... Except for the new truck all my junk is falling apart. :lol:

I will be glad to host a group dinner if I can get organized and get a campsite reserved. More to follow...

*** EDIT ***

Well, I waited too long. All the campsites are booked. If anyone needs to cancel let me know and I will try to snag your site. I would ask if anyone had space for us to share a site, but those who know me know I don't travel light. :lol: At a minimum I will have a F250, trailer, Heep, grill and probably the kitchen sink too.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I'm trying out Badin lake campground next weekend with some buddies. There are some spots up there during this event at least for Thurs and Fri nights, for those of you who still want to try to come out, hang, wheel, and commute back to the other campground. It's not much farther up the road from Arrowhead.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Its right on the water too so you can sleep with the rip-rap of the lake. I recall a group back in the day putting one of their members on a blow up mattress and tethering him to a rope out on the lake. LOL

They do have toilets there at Baden cg. I don't remember if they have a bathhouse but no harm in going to arrowhead to clean up.
It really isn't that far to drive to just go sleep and we can convene back at the main spots during the day. Maybe a 5 minute drive up the gravel road.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I believe they have showers too, just not as big as the Arrowhead facility, and the sites are all non-electric.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I've been working with Recreation.gov and Arrowhead campground supervisor on Mario's reserved site that he had made before passing. :(

He had reserved site #30 from 4-8 Nov, with that being said and getting the green light from Recreation.gov and the Arrowhead campground supervisor, anyone that still needs a site is more than welcome to use site #30... pretty sure Mario wouldn't have wanted it going to waste.

Post up if you want it and I will contact Arrowhead campground supervisor to have it changed.

Mike... that might be a good spot for you since the food will be closer to me. :mrgreen: :drunken:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Well the 2020 suckage continues... We won't be able to attend this fall. I had to have an unexpected surgery on my wrist last week and I will need another surgery for the other wrist next week for carpal tunnel and I also have a tumor on the right ring finger that will need to be removed. Really don't think I can make that kind of drive just a week after the surgery. :(

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Van said:
I've been working with Recreation.gov and Arrowhead campground supervisor on Mario's reserved site that he had made before passing. :(

He had reserved site #30 from 4-8 Nov, with that being said and getting the green light from Recreation.gov and the Arrowhead campground supervisor, anyone that still needs a site is more than welcome to use site #30... pretty sure Mario wouldn't have wanted it going to waste.

Post up if you want it and I will contact Arrowhead campground supervisor to have it changed.

Mike... that might be a good spot for you since the food will be closer to me. :mrgreen: :drunken:
Van,

Yes if the site is still available, I would love to use it. I'm sure Mario, Mark and Joe will be looking down on the group laughing at us. I'm sure we will do something stupid before the weekend is out. :lol:

Now, and all important conversation needs to take place. Who is in for group dinner Friday night? Are there any requests? I am inclined to make Jambalaya as that was one of Mario's favorites. Just let me know and we can do something else if that is what the group wants. Grilled pork chops, steaks, or whatever. Now is when RERAN usually throws up some crazy 5 star dinner idea. Lets be reasonable people. No rack of lamb or lobster. :lol:

And go!

Thoughts? I will need a head count before long so I can buy the food and prep what I can in advance. I usually as for a $5-10 donation per person to help cover the meal

·
Registered
55 Posts
To quote on of my favorite childhood shows, I love it when a plan comes together.

Jambalaya sounds great to me. I plan to be there with my son, who will be turning 7 that weekend. Whatever is decided for meal choice, please put us down for 2. I'll make sure to bring some cash to chip in to cover the cost.

Trevor

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
OK Mike, you've got site #30 from 4-8 Nov... not sure when you plan on coming down but the campground host says that it can only be held until 4PM, 5 Nov. We might be able to put someone in there temporarily if need be. :?

You can put Jerry and myself down for group dinner also. :D

10 day forecast looks like a winner... https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Uw ... 5231:27:US

·
Registered
483 Posts
My wife and I will be there for the food as well. We will bring the cash lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was hoping for chillier temps

·
Registered
13 Posts
well me and heather are out for this one the transmission went out in my big truck so site 26 will be open maybe we can make it in the spring

21 - 40 of 65 Posts