Isuzu SUV Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
OK,
Scratch what I said above. It showed up 2 hours ago at the dealers! If everything looks good we take delivery on Saturday!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Schweet!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Long range forecast call

Early Wednesday is looking very wet up and down the east. Should clear out but more rain may be on the way Late Friday and into part of Saturday.

Also watching Sunday - might be very wet for part of the drive home for most of us. Maybe some snow on the back side as a strong cold front pushes south and east.

Temps starting out Wednesday in Uwharrie Mid to upper 60s dropping as the day goes on..Lows bottoming out around 40 or so early Thursday morning.

Thursday highs mid to upper 50's. Lows in the mid 30's.

Friday highs in the mid 50's. Lows in the upper 40's to low 50's.

Saturday Highs around 50. Low around 50.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Marcus... If you bring the camper, do you have an extra spot for a pan so I can make the corned beef hash? Hope everything works out.

Dan... Let me know if you need anything or help on the group dinner.

Lorenzo... Do I need to start a new thread for "Sell, Trade or Giveaway" or just post it here?

Marty... Can't wait to see what y'all bring down this year. :lol:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Van said:
Marcus... If you bring the camper, do you have an extra spot for a pan so I can make the corned beef hash? Hope everything works out.

Lorenzo... Do I need to start a new thread for "Sell, Trade or Giveaway" or just post it here?

Shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
We actually got the trailer today! Woohoo. Towed it home in some crazy winds too. :-/ Not part of the plan but the truck pulled it incredibly well.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Van said:

We should be good at least on the main course (BBQ Chicken) -- do we have any idea how many mouths we'll need to feed, or should we plan to go shopping Saturday afternoon (when we go to get a fuel pump for Matt :D )

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I cannot remember what site 35 looks like. Anyone know how low the trees are in that area? I have a 12ft clearance now. :-/

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
MARCUS , NO 35 IS ALL MOST DIRECTLY ACROSS FORM ME NO32 AND IS A GOOD SIZED SPOT AND YOU WONT HAVE ANY PROB GETTING IN THERE . SEE YA IN AFEW DAYS , DRIVE CARE FULL WITH THAT NEW HOUSE , I AM BRINGING THE LITTLE ONE.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
JLEMOND said:
MARCUS , NO 35 IS ALL MOST DIRECTLY ACROSS FORM ME NO32 AND IS A GOOD SIZED SPOT AND YOU WONT HAVE ANY PROB GETTING IN THERE . SEE YA IN AFEW DAYS , DRIVE CARE FULL WITH THAT NEW HOUSE , I AM BRINGING THE LITTLE ONE.
Thanks Jerry,
The Nissan tows this thing fantastic. The backing up part is what has me worried. LOL.
Jerry is site 35 the one that is all paved and wider then most spots?

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
I BELIEVE IT IS THE WIDER ONE , I HAVE SEEN SOME REALLY BIG MOTOR HOMES IN THERE , WHEN YOU COME IN PAST WHERE ME AND VAN ARE IT WILL BE A LITTLE WAYS PAST ME AND ON THE RIGHT , JUST GO PAST IT AND HAVE THE TRAILER CLEAR , AND START ER BACK AND START TURNING QUICK WITH THE BACK END SWINGING AROUND AND YOU SHOULD BE OK. WE WILL BE THERE TO HELP GUIDE YOU , IF THERE ARE NO VEH IN THE WAY SWING OVER TO THE LEFT AS FAR AS YOU CAN AND THEN START THE BACK UP , GIVES YOU A LOT MORE WIGGLE ROOM.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
JLEMOND said:
I BELIEVE IT IS THE WIDER ONE , I HAVE SEEN SOME REALLY BIG MOTOR HOMES IN THERE , WHEN YOU COME IN PAST WHERE ME AND VAN ARE IT WILL BE A LITTLE WAYS PAST ME AND ON THE RIGHT , JUST GO PAST IT AND HAVE THE TRAILER CLEAR , AND START ER BACK AND START TURNING QUICK WITH THE BACK END SWINGING AROUND AND YOU SHOULD BE OK. WE WILL BE THERE TO HELP GUIDE YOU , IF THERE ARE NO VEH IN THE WAY SWING OVER TO THE LEFT AS FAR AS YOU CAN AND THEN START THE BACK UP , GIVES YOU A LOT MORE WIGGLE ROOM.
Looking at a map it looks like this site 35 is on the same side as your site. 2 over from you towards the bathhouse.

Our plan right now is to leave Wednesday late afternoon and drive til natural bridge. We are staying at a KOA there. Then drive the rest of the way to uwharrie early Thursday morning.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Looks like I'm gonna be able to swing thru for the Big Creek ride on Friday morning. Hope to see some of y'all there!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh !!!! Im not going to make the whole weekend. Just not in the stars. Possibly come by for a drink and some chatter or a trail or two. Well see how it goes. I will say I hope everyone has a great and safe weekend.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
35 IS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE ROAD , FROM 32 , SO THAT WOULD BE RIGHT SIDE GOING AROUND , EITHER SIDE WILL BE ASY TO GET INTO.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Dan... don't think we'll get a head count until last minute. I would roughly say 20. :?

Marcus... site 35 is the one with the paved walkway leading to the bath house on the left side when you come in... see old map below.

Free... 2 soft bottomed folding camp chairs, neon blue and green. For sale, 1 set of heavy duty V bar tire chains (brand new) $50, fits 33x10.50 15... link to product... https://www.tirechain.com/Tire-Chains-V-BAR.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
awesome good to hear Paul.
I do know there is another open Space.
Alex has let spot 33 and Kristopfer let site 28 go.
So there are two spots for those to check on The gov site.

Also does anyone want to shoot with me Saturday morning?
Let m eknow.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts