Isuzu SUV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Looks like the weather wants to throw a wrench in the works any way it can this year.

After heavy rain and strong winds on the Uwharrie National Forest, recreational facilities in the Badin Lake area have been left without power. These facilities remain open. Flintlock Valley Shooting Range is closed at this time. Crews are currently clearing debris and trees from roads. Trails on the Uwharrie are opened but have not been assessed, so fallen trees and other debris may block paths. Be mindful and make your own safety a priority when visiting the forest after a storm.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
MarcusInMD said:
Looks like the weather wants to throw a wrench in the works any way it can this year.

After heavy rain and strong winds on the Uwharrie National Forest, recreational facilities in the Badin Lake area have been left without power. These facilities remain open. Flintlock Valley Shooting Range is closed at this time. Crews are currently clearing debris and trees from roads. Trails on the Uwharrie are opened but have not been assessed, so fallen trees and other debris may block paths. Be mindful and make your own safety a priority when visiting the forest after a storm.
HOPE FULLY THEY WILL HAVE THE POWER BACK ON BY THE TIME WE GET THERE .

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
JLEMOND said:
MarcusInMD said:

HOPE FULLY THEY WILL HAVE THE POWER BACK ON BY THE TIME WE GET THERE .
Let's hope so Jerry! Time is approaching quickly.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Yeah I read this thread, just not getting notifications consistently.

Anyhow, I can take a couple of y'all with me to Big Creek on Friday if you are interested.
Must NOT be stock vehicles.
PM me so I can get a count and idea of what you drive.

I am getting an update on the power situation from the FS. If all else, try bring power generator if you need it or power converter.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Colder temps... Check
Plenty of firewood... Check
Coffee maker and Coffee... Check
Maybe a crazy night run... pending... I'm ready. :thumbup:

Less than 3 weeks now and times flying by.

Marcus, I'll make some corned beef hash and scrambled eggs to go along with the waffles... Anyone want to volunteer for Group dinner???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

With all the rain and flooding from the last 2 hurricanes, I suggest bringing a shovel and chainsaw if ya got them, trails might be blocked by downed trees if any groups haven't gone on them yet. :?

Jerry and I were talking about bringing generators if they don't have the electricity on by then... any updates Lorenzo?

Saturday night campfire stories... plenty of those. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Sweatin' bullets here. If our new toy is not delivered in the next 2 weeks I will be tenting it. Oh the huge manatee!

·
Registered
633 Posts
We should have a decent turnout especially with the boys coming down from MD and the GA zucrew to boot. With that being said I think a potluck would be awesome. If we all bring one thing we shouldnt starve too bad !!! I am not personally equipped to throw down a complete dinner although i wish i could. But i promise to throw something in my stock pot or crockpot if someone promises to make cobbler again (ahem...VAN) haha.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
marcus & van a few guys posted on the FB trader group that they would pitch in money if you guys come up with something.
I won't have time to prep anything because I'll be coming from one trip and going to another but I will pitch in some dough.

Also, Nate, the new guy, has to let go of his space but I talked him into keeping and letting one of us buy it, so if anyone needs a camp spot, let me know and you guys can settle up.
Site 18 btw. $60 Fri-sat.
I'd rather not see it go and him pay cancel fees. So holler if you need a spot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This will be my second trip out to URE, had a blast at the fall 2016 gathering. Done quite a bit more work to the old rig since, looking forward to the trip and meeting some more Zu guys.

So much stuff to do on the tow pig, probably wont be able to complete it all - but the trooper is good to go, just gotta pack her up with tools and supplies. Haven't really seen/ touched my camping gear in 2 years, going to be fun making sure it all still functions properly.

I'm in site 25, arriving Thursday, leaving Sunday.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
I second the cobbler. That stuff was smack ya mama good

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I should have a better idea next week of whats going on from our end. Our new digs are due to be delivered (or so I am told) early next week. If we pick it up with out issues I will have a kitchen. Otherwise, it will be a two burner camp stove and a blackstone griddle underneath a tent.

If we just have people pitch in for food suggestions?

1) Pasta, sauce and cheese with perhaps sausage?
2) Burgers and dogs.
3) Roast beast.
4) BBQ chix

??

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey guys... Looks like we'll be able to make it this fall -- thanks for hitting me and reminding me Lorenzo!

I'm up for making some fire-cooked BBQ chicken again... I think everyone that ate that the last time lived to tell about it... :)

might need some "other goo" to go with it.. heck, I can even bring the chili pot if needed, but that pot makes a LOT of Chili!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey guys (& gals)... just about a week until we get to hang out in the woods! It doesn't look like I'll have the Amigo together by then, but who knows... I've still got a week (yeah, like anything I try goes that smoothly!). I understand there's a bug veterans ride going on the same time we'll be there, so the trails will likely be well populated, but that should offer us plenty of chances to pull others out with our superior machines (or humbly ask for help if we screw up)... With the Amigo unfinished (I fear) I'll trying to figure out what to bring... the two troopers (one is dead bone stock - no lift, stock size street tires, etc) one if our Heeps, (son is dying to try out his new-to-him 95 -- I can already see Van suckering him into driving it through the mud hole like he did with one of my troopers a year ago!) or maybe I'll have time to fix the fuel leak on my van (or leave the leak alone and drive it anyway) :-o

Looking forward to it! see you all soon!!!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Thanks Dan, keep in mind they will have Grand Overland to drive and Big Creek.
yea the forest may be crowded but usually makes for a good time and good conversation.
Can always bring either of the vehicles and hop in with one of us.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Well,
I was really optimistic a week ago that we would have our new camper before the trip. As of today its not looking like its going to get here in time. So....unless something changes in the next 24 hours, that means that Garrett and I will be tenting it. Which means no waffle breakfast. And we will have to rely on others for cookin' dinner for the group meal.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Marcus - i know that is disappointing (the camper issues), but we'll surely make it through...

it could be worse - we could all be at work instead of camping next weekend... (and this old guy is going to be laying on the ground too, so... yeah "ouch!")

Reactions: MarcusInMD
41 - 60 of 92 Posts