transfer case revo gears 2.28
axle ratio 4.30

3.77 x 2.28 x 4.30=36.96

what most people do for low gearing

tranny 1st ratio 3.77
transfer case revo gears 3.07
axle ratio 4.56

3.77 x 3.07 x 4.56=52.77

my buddy at MPG off road says it is definately do-able.
thats my plan i am sticking to it.so i dont care if any one laughs or makes negative comments 8) recon

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Negative comments1 :mrgreen:

Looks like I am at about 62 based on that formula...basically don't have the extra t-case in your top formula.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
What size tire do you plan on running? I have always heard that anything over a 75:1 is overkill unless you're on serious meats.

I would go for 3.77s, 5.38s, and 3.07s first and see how much you like it before you drop the coin on an adapter.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hatfield said:
What size tire do you plan on running? I have always heard that anything over a 75:1 is overkill unless you're on serious meats.

I would go for 3.77s, 5.38s, and 3.07s first and see how much you like it before you drop the coin on an adapter.
:D i plan on running 37 x 12:50 mudder

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I agree with hatfield. also if youre at about 75:1, prepare to do lots of clutchin on the big stuff.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So do you plan on modifying the stock tcase to eliminate the front out put or use your divorced case as the opposite output of the zoo one?

·
Registered
646 Posts
all i can say is that is a low range on that you can get out and walk faster then it at red line but only thing why dont you switch out the rear axel to the dana44 as well or is the Isuzu 12 bolt stronger?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Not to speak for him, but I assume he is going to use both t cases (just because he has both listed)

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Sounds cool I'd like to see a mock up pic of the t case and front driveline angle. I'm actualy thinking of getting a 2x tranny and then I could use any t case 208. 205
I have a zu t case sitin aside from an auto so it's self contained.
How much is the cost you think ?? It would be sweet to have normal low and then super low.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Also in my comparisons with the isuzu 12 bolt it's as big as a ford nine inch. The sealed axle bearings are better setup than the zu 44 , I have the 44 in my amigo and ya there strong to but not as well built. But parts for the zu 12 bolt (spendy). I welded mine and ran it on the street for six years never had a problem.
Pics please lol

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I've got a Dana 60 and a Dana 70, out of an old Dodge 1 ton with 5.?? gearing (don't remember if it's 5.26, or 5.77 or whatever, been too long since I looked at the tag). I've half-considered putting them in a '78 Jeep I have and making a "crawler" myself, but I really wouldn't get much use out of it. I don't get much of a kick out of 4-wheeling, and that's a big project. I should sell those diffs to someone who will get some use out of them.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
That 60 front axle is gold back my way in Oregon / Washington area.
That would be a big project alwright. My amigo is set up pretty good now and I don't get the chance to off road much myself so more modifications are kinda like thoughts in space :)
But if I ever get to go out and hang with zu fella's that will make my day !!!

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
I looked at that art work. Looks like a pain. Another way it could be done is get a front axle with the third member on the left side and use a t case behind the existing one. If the suspension was set high then no problem. Then you could use the original front output for say a pto !!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts