Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is this used ? can't find a mate. it is under the manifold near front.

There are two , the one in the front and a matching (both Male) in the back of the manifold , but the back one might fing a mate when I get the tranny wiring sorted out.

heres the back one under that tube and above the black bracket.

This is my second engine swap (short block this time) the rebuilt long block lasted 50K miles. This oil problem is a pain. It was supposed to be fixed on the long block but found evidence of old rod problems on that (welds on oil distribution manifold) when I took it out. Was going to disable ingnition and crank engine to try to prime new short block as best as I can. I filled oil filter as much as I could. Any other suggestions to avoid blowing up this block?
Thanks for any insite on this.

Vince S

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Greatwest said:

Is this used ? can't find a mate. it is under the manifold near front.

There are two , the one in the front and a matching (both Male) in the back of the manifold , but the back one might fing a mate when I get the tranny wiring sorted out.

heres the back one under that tube and above the black bracket.

This is my second engine swap (short block this time) the rebuilt long block lasted 50K miles. This oil problem is a pain. It was supposed to be fixed on the long block but found evidence of old rod problems on that (welds on oil distribution manifold) when I took it out. Was going to disable ingnition and crank engine to try to prime new short block as best as I can. I filled oil filter as much as I could. Any other suggestions to avoid blowing up this block?

Vince S
THE BACK ONE PLUGS INTO THE CAM SENSOR ON THE TOP REAR CORNER OF THE HEAD THE FRT ONE IS NT USED

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't thank you enough for sharing your expierience.

I Was going to disable ingnition and crank engine to try to prime new short block as best as I can. I filled oil filter as much as I could. Any other suggestions to avoid spinning the bearings dry? I could blast air in the crank throught the dipstick hole to try to blow oil around.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Greatwest said:
I can't thank you enough for sharing your expierience.

I Was going to disable ingnition and crank engine to try to prime new short block as best as I can. I filled oil filter as much as I could. Any other suggestions to avoid spinning the bearings dry? I could blast air in the crank throught the dipstick hole to try to blow oil around.
YES PULL THE SPARK PLUGS FIRST AND THEN SPIN IT OVER WITH A FULL OIL FILTER , YOU WILL BE AMAZED HOW FAST IT WILL PRIME,IF THE ENG HAS EVER BEEN RUN THERE WILL STILL BE SOME OIL IN THERE IT NEVER REALLY RUNS ALL AWAY, JUST DID A 2.6 ENG THIS PAST WEEKEND AND WAS PRIMING THE ENG AND COULD GET IT TO SPIT OIL OUT BY JUST SPINNING THE OIL PUMP GEAR WITH MY FINGER ,STUCK AN ELECTRIC 3/8 DRIVE RATCHET WENCH AND IN ABOUT 5 SECONDS OIL WAS ALL OVER THE CYL HEAD .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts