Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an idea of how this works but please elaborate if you don't mind. I'm ready to buy some bigger meats for my Troop...probably 285/75's although I have been considering 315/70's. I have been thinking of different rims to go along with the tire purchase...currently I'm running the stock 16's. How does the backspacing work? Can I just buy rims that are "deep dish" and have backspacing already incorporated into them or is there some kind of a spacer that I can buy to achieve the same effect? I want my tires to stick out a couple inches from where they are right now. Thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Offset is measured from the centerline of the rim to the mounting face. Zero offset mounts in the center of the wheel. Negative offset means the mounting face is inside the centerline and the wheel sticks out, positive offset means the mounting face is outside the centerline and the wheel sticks in which is the case for most cars and especially isuzus.

Backspacing is measured from the inside bead to the mounting face.

If your wheels stick out of the well, you could have problems with larger wheels not clearing the fender while turning or bottoming out. I prefer wheels to stick in myself which gives a taller look to the truck plus sometimes you can go taller then.

You can always go to the tire shop and have a few choices test fitted without buying anything. Worked for me!

1996 Rodeo with 3" suspension lift and 265/75R-16.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.