Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might not be the correct forum, but it is a rather general question.

Does anyone know if there is an off the shelf dual exhaust available for the 99 Rodeo? I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't find one. I've had 2 y pipes rust out on the welds and there is plenty of room to run dual in the default location.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I think you should sit down and listen to an old guy - me - for a minute here.

Fact #1 - Isuzus were orphans when they were new. They don't even make them any more.

Fact #2 - Aftermarket parts is/are a BIG business.

Fact #3 - Isuzus needing aftermarket parts, although it's something YOU might want - is not a great big market.

Fact #4 - Your requests, needs or desires hold little sway with people who manufacture performance parts for more popular vehicles.

Fact #5 - Aftermarket companies view Isuzu owners like the crazy aunt you keep in the attic when company comes to visit.

Fact # 6 - Chances of finding some high performance parts at the age of our vehicles is possible on two levels:

• FEW or NONE at all.

Wishful thinking possibility #1 - There's always someone with something they made or are harboring from days of yore that you might need or want - but they too are becoming few and far between. EXTINCT is a better word.

Wishful thinking possibility #2 - The person in #1 will not sell you anything they have unless it's an estate sale and the wife wants to get rid of 'all that junk for the first $20.00'. You will arrive at the sale and the guy who just bought it all is driving out the driveway as you drive in - and he's taking it to the recyclers.

Wishful thinking possibility #3 - On the day it rains soup, you'll only have a fork.

Wishful thinking possibility #4 - There is NO wishful thinking possibility #4.

·
Registered
160 Posts
its sad, but true. The same thing goes for my raider/montero. Custom is the best way to go. Cheaper usually and you can get it to sound exactly like you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.