Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went back together with my ol troop, I removed the cat(s) and went with a 3" Flowtec Raptor where the cat was & then a 24" long 3"ID pipe with a turn down at the end from there. The pipe dumped right under the rear seat floorboard.
Long story short, it just sounded like ***. ( VERY LOW but LOUD tone. Sounded like the exhaust was routed through a burning barrell!) So today I am installing another Raptor to replace the last one, but this time it is 2 1/4" IN/OUT, so we will see how that sounds. If I can come up with something I am happy with, I will post it up on YouTube and post a link to it here.
In hindsight, I L O V E the way Hatfield's trooper sounds! Magnaflows are awesome on the 3.2's! :lol:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK.
Got the Flowtec Raptor with the 2 1/4" IN/OUT installed, hooked my old Cherry Bomb glasspack up immediately behind it, then ran about 3' of 2.25" pipe back from the glasspack & turns down in front of rear axle.
It is now very very quiet. Maybe just a tiny wee bit louder than stock. But still quiet.
NOW,,,,,sad thing is, I guess even though I have only been on this forum for 2 1/2 years, in those short 2 1/2 years my tastes must have changed. Because I LIKE the smooth quiet growl it has now! :lol:

I no longer have a desire for a loud exhaust, or mud tire roar, or booming sterio system.

When I very first bought my Troop back in June of 2009, I wanted 6" of lift and 35" Super Swamper Boggers, a LOUD exhaust, and a louder sterio system.

Now days I am, as stated many times before, "RE-BUILDING my Trooper BACK DOWN" ( Closer to stock. )

Quiet= Good :lol: :p

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
COYOTE102076 said:
OK.
Got the Flowtec Raptor with the 2 1/4" IN/OUT installed, hooked my old Cherry Bomb glasspack up immediately behind it, then ran about 3' of 2.25" pipe back from the glasspack & turns down in front of rear axle.
It is now very very quiet. Maybe just a tiny wee bit louder than stock. But still quiet.
NOW,,,,,sad thing is, I guess even though I have only been on this forum for 2 1/2 years, in those short 2 1/2 years my tastes must have changed. Because I LIKE the smooth quiet growl it has now! :lol:

I no longer have a desire for a loud exhaust, or mud tire roar, or booming sterio system.

When I very first bought my Troop back in June of 2009, I wanted 6" of lift and 35" Super Swamper Boggers, a LOUD exhaust, and a louder sterio system.

Now days I am, as stated many times before, "RE-BUILDING my Trooper BACK DOWN" ( Closer to stock. )

Quiet= Good :lol: :p
Hahaha. My exhaust is loudish, just loud enough for a highschooler. But I want a 6" lift, 35s, already have a loud audio system and a diesel swap. Itll be interesting to see if my tastes change too.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your lucky, they won't. Changes are EXPENSIVE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
im the same way. i like it quiet with performance. did the glasspacks at the rear through the bumper. I love it now! got rid of alot of rasp, my friend said you can barely hear it idle. but you can hear the SC screaming!..just the way i wanted it!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts