Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed a rattling under my '98 Rodeo, and tracked it down to the exhaust on the right side, where this thing is bolted to the flange [Imgur]( )
I tried tightening the bolts, and the rattle did not go away. I removed that piece and the rattle went away. My question is, what the hell is it? I couldn't figure any reason that it needed to be on there, but I just wanted to check with you guys and see if there was any reason to put it back on.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
The parts list identifies it as a Damper, 98 & Up Rodeo's have them but my Rodeo Sports don't. Must be a vibration damper.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Exhaust damper. Anti - vibration, etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, figured it was something along those lines. I guess I'll leave it out, if my exhaust cracks as a result then that'll just be the perfect excuse to put a custom exhaust on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
n053b133d said:
So I noticed a rattling under my '98 Rodeo, and tracked it down to the exhaust on the right side, where this thing is bolted to the flange [Imgur]( )
I tried tightening the bolts, and the rattle did not go away. I removed that piece and the rattle went away. My question is, what the hell is it? I couldn't figure any reason that it needed to be on there, but I just wanted to check with you guys and see if there was any reason to put it back on.
IT IS THERE FOR NOISE DAMPING, YOU PROB WILL NEVER MISS IT , WONT AFFECT ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT, EXHAUST HARMONIC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts