Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
12,795 Posts
If you replace the 3.5L GDI engine in your 2004 Axiom you will need to wire in the Engine Control Module (ECM) for the replacement engine. Replacing the engine will create a new problem in that the AW30-40LS Transmission Control Module (TCM) will not be able to communicate with the replacement engine ECM so the transmission won't operate. This means you will have to replace the complete powertrain and all the wiring that connects everything together.

· Registered
2004 axiom isuzu
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK buster. I've gotten a 3.2l engine with a damaged transmission. So I want its engine ,the ecm, and the whole wiring harness. Is it advicesable? Or any better way?

· Registered
2004 axiom isuzu
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's only that mine is a 3.5l and the 02 model has a 3.2l engine and a ecm. The only problem with the 02 model is the transmission, but the engine is good and starts alright. Can I go ahead with the swapping

· Registered
12,795 Posts
02 Axiom has a port injected 3.5L and a GM 4L30e transmission and a 04 Axiom has a 3.5L Direct Injection engine and an Aisin AW30-40LS transmission.

· Registered
2004 axiom isuzu
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi buster, l
Let me give you the whole story. My 04 axiom has a ecm problem and am not getting it fixed. Then I got an 02 axiom with a 3.2l engine and ecm board in good condition but it's transmission is bad. So I want to take the 02 3.2l engine and its ecm into my 04 axiom body. Now problem is, should I send the engine, the ecm and the whole wiring hynes into the 04 .please advise

· Registered
2004 axiom isuzu
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The one I want to fix now is the very pic you've sent to me. I want to get the whole wires from that car and fix on my 04 .would it work? I see the transmission to be the same. Can I go ahead and buy

· Registered
12,795 Posts
The transmission in your 04 is not the same as the one in the 02
A 04 Axiom has an Aisin AW30-40LS transmission and the 02 has a GM 4L30e transmission. The are not wired the same and use a different TCM.

· Registered
2004 axiom isuzu
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh OK then I will not buy it anymore. But buster I need to fix my car's issue. I ordered the ecm from ebay and the could not program it. I wanted to buy the set (the ecm. The immobiliser and the keys) what is your advice

1 - 20 of 36 Posts