Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 isuzu spacecab with a 2.6L with an AT and I'm building a 350 with a 700r4 trans I would like any advice to make the swap go easier and what headers to use to clear crossmember

·
Registered
41 Posts
qck4bngr0518 said:
I have a 1992 isuzu spacecab with a 2.6L with an AT and I'm building a 350 with a 700r4 trans I would like any advice to make the swap go easier and what headers to use to clear crossmember
i am too intersested. i have a 92 2wd 5spd rodeo which has been sitting too long now.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
It depends a lot on whether you are both 2wd.

If you are it shuld be relatively simple as far as swaps go. There's enough room you will need to address the distributor and the radiator and possibly the steering may need to move.

I am planning on a 302 V8 swap and I've gathered almost all my parts. It's going to be a project for this winter if I get all of my parts, including the 302.

My main concerns are oil pan clearance on the front axle (my 3" body lift should help there) and getting the right side drop t-case. I have done lots of looking and the best option here is to use a t-case doubler. I'm going to use the front half of a NP203 and a Dana 300 mated together. This gives me a good low range and the correct side drop. Oh yeah and it will still be all gear as well.

Something you will need to consider is your gear ratio if you are going to use an older tranny like me. I'm using a bulletproof C6 tranny. But there's no overdrive so I'm going to drop my gear ratio from 4.56 to 4.10. I will run at least a 33 if not a 35" tire.

I'm also going to put in drop diff brackets to aid my cv joint angles and to also give a bit more clearance in the oil pan area. If I don't end up with enough clearance I'll end up doing a solid axle swap (to a Dana 44) and I'll never be done.

There are many of my concerns that will not be shared if you are both 2wd. Fabbing up crossmembers, getting a driveshaft made, carb or fuel injection, ........ there's lots of decisions to make.

Try looking into the Holley Pro-jection 2 it's a throttle body injection system that bolts up to a 4 barrel performance intake that's made for a carb and it comes with the computer and everything you need for around 800 bucks. But if you are 2wd then you may just want to stick with a carb.

There's my beans spilled.

Joe

·
Registered
41 Posts
well i am 2wd. i found a police package (ex-police) car w/out title. i 'm working on a deal on it this week end, that will give me all i need. 5.7l v8

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am also a 2wd and my engine is on the verge of completion 350 bored .60" flat top pistons milled heads ported and polished 1.6 ratio roller rockers with a 6-71 blower with dual quads sitting on top and the list goes on and on and then too beef up my tranny

·
Registered
546 Posts
Sounds like you got a pretty beefed up 2.6 right now too. Post on the forum when you wanna star selling stuff! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.