Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Engine finished! Block baked clean, bored , and pressure tested. Crank turned and balanced. New rods, pistons and bearings Head shaved, baked, new valves, springs etc. new cam, oil pump, timing belt and tensioner, all new freeze plugs. All gasket surfaces refaced and all put back together.

Gonna pull the old one saturday, havn't pulled one from an isuzu before. am I gonna run into any issues getting it out? Only thing I can see that might be an issue is the oilpan clearance over the front end.

all tips and trick will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i pulled a 4 cyl 4ze1 out of an amigo last weekend and it comes out just fine. the oil pan does catch on the front end slightly, but just slowly raise it up and it comes loose without much trouble. i had the whole head and manifolds off tho, so basically the block just slipped out with ease.
i dropped in a same motor from a trooper. now i just gotta connect it up and turn her over.

good luck with the engine pull.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
There are 2 things you can do to make the job a whole lot easier. First drain your oil and pull the sub pan. This gives you way more room to clear axle. Second pull the head it will give you access to bell housing bolts that are at the top it also makes getting the starter out much easier ( remember the top nut and stud an the starter is a different thrd pitch.) DAVE

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had to pull the pan to get the engine out, kept hanging on the front end. got everything swapped out I can till gaskets come in today. Should be stabbing it back in this evening.
Took the pressure washer and washed off 200,000 miles of oil and gunk, front end raised 2 inches. LOL insta lift.

Pulled the old clutch off and the pilot bearing fell out in pieces, new block still has pilot bearing in place, gotta get out the dowel rod and wet news paper.

already dreading the top three bell housing bolts.

just an update for now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.