Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just created my account here as I am a new owner of a 2001 isuzu rodeo sport (hardtop). I was trying to find to find all the info I could on motor swaps by reading through forums but didn't seem to get a for sure answer... maybe you guys could help.
My 2.2 has a hole in the block will the 3.5 v6 from a 2002 trooper be an easy swap? Or what will I need to go from my 4cyl up to the v6? I found a motor and matching tranny local to me for $200 and want to make sure it will work before I invest. Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,402 Posts
Hello all, just created my account here as I am a new owner of a 2001 isuzu rodeo sport (hardtop). I was trying to find to find all the info I could on motor swaps by reading through forums but didn't seem to get a for sure answer... maybe you guys could help.
My 2.2 has a hole in the block will the 3.5 v6 from a 2002 trooper be an easy swap? Or what will I need to go from my 4cyl up to the v6? I found a motor and matching tranny local to me for $200 and want to make sure it will work before I invest. Any info is greatly appreciated.
You would need engine, transmission, TCM, harnesses etc. Not something I would attempt without a complete donor vehicle.

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
The 2.2L Powertrain Control Module (PCM) cannot control a Rodeo 3.2L V6 engine or the Trooper 3.5L engine. You would have to obtain the correct PCM and replace all the engine and associated body wiring harnesses. It could be done if you had a donor vehicle available and proper electrical schematics and a lot of spare time. If you have an automatic transmission the PCM also controls the transmission and a 00-02 Trooper PCM cannot control a Rodeo automatic transmission so your looking for a 00-02 Rodeo 3.2L V6 PCM and wiring. Replacing the 2.2L with another 2.2L is the only practical solution imho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts