Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
searched found lots of info on 1st gen troopers.
I want to add a oil cooler to my engine,how have others with 3.2 done this?
I just need ideas on picking up the oil and getting it back into engine.
TIA

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Jerry was telling me about his setup, he'll be able to walk you through it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bansil said:
searched found lots of info on 1st gen troopers.
I want to add a oil cooler to my engine,how have others with 3.2 done this?
I just need ideas on picking up the oil and getting it back into engine.
TIA
my jdm h22a came with an oil cooler ring kind of like this

http://cgi.ebay.ca/FACTORY-OEM-INFINITI ... 2c5caa4fcc

it goes inbetween the coil filter and the block, and has coolant inlet and outlet lines on it coming from one side of the block to the other.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool great info

I will call Jerry then...he made mention in URE that it was simple...heck I havn't even look at filter housing to see if there are plugs...it's been raining :mrgreen:

and that adapter is $$$ :shock:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Everything to Jerry is simple. :lol:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Jerry is the Chuck Norris of Isuzu's, he could build one blind folded with one arm behind his back if he had to. :lol:

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Bansil said:
Cool great info

I will call Jerry then...he made mention in URE that it was simple...heck I havn't even look at filter housing to see if there are plugs...it's been raining :mrgreen:

The Flex-a-lite sandwich adapter 3965 is only $30+/-... Goes between oil filter housing & filter.

Then add your fav oil cooler & lines.

~psguardian

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bansil said:
Cool great info

That specific one is expensive, i didnt bother looking for a cheap one at all, i just wanted to find an example for you. If you go the route of the style i showed you, you wont lose any oil pressure. If you get a generic sandwich adapter and run oil lines out to a cooler, your going to lose some pressure.

·
Registered
160 Posts
psguardian said:
They both have 90* bends on them, how does the 'ring' design lose less pressure then the 'sandwich' design? I'm curious now lol.

~psguardian
Oil doesnt come out of the cooler that i posted, coolant goes into those ports and surrounds the oil. next time im out by the motor ill take it off and take some better pictures.

·
Registered
160 Posts
psguardian said:
Ahhh, trading oil heat for water heat... not sure I would like that set up on a rig thats already prone to coolant system issues.

~psguardian
The coolant on the h22a comes out of the 'cold side' , into the ring, then out of the ring (obviously), then into the block. If any motor is over heating, its having other problems that need to be addressed first (like a bad rad, low oil,bad water pump, ect).

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've done several sandwich types on SBC's didn't think of that as an option :lol:
I never noticed a pressure drop tho..ever using them.
My problem I want to fix is:
I have great pressure cold.in the mornings(4:30) going to work cool air normal coolant temps etc no issues.
In the afternoons when ambiant temp is over say 70* the added heat makes my pressure lower at idle
I just want to keep oil cooler once its hot(and this is a 5spd so no extra underhood heat from an auto tranny)
I run 10-30 switched to 10-40. No difference(stock oil gage could be the culprit to false readings)
Just never heard of our witnessed lower pressure from sandwich adapter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.