Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I've been having some weird ongoing trouble that's been an ongoing problem with my truck. I have a '99 Rodeo with a 2.2L motor. When I'm driving for about an hour (highway speeds) and exit the freeway I step on the clutch pedal and begin braking or come to a stop my engine drops down to below idle speeds or just dies completely as if I had turned it off. It's happened several times, out of the blue. It seems to occur the worst when I've been running the A/C, I'm guessing because the load of the compressor kills the motor quicker than whatever is stopping it from maintaining idle speed alone. I've replaced the spark plugs and plug wires. The battery seems fine, it has the correct voltage and I had it checked not too long ago at an auto parts store and they cleared it as still good. It's a real hassle when I get to traffic then have to play with every lever to try to keep up with the moving stop and go traffic while keeping the truck alive. Could it be a problem with the throttle body? Possible mass air flow sensor malfunction? It has a fairly new air filter, maybe a month or two old. There is no CEL, no codes stored or popping up. I'm at my wits end here.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts