Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm consulting you guys, the gurus in the zu planet. I have a 94 trooper. It just underwent an unfortunate incident and its crippled for now. The chassis is a little bended on the front driver side wheel. Two mechanics have told me that even when they straighten the chassis, it might not be the same.
I have a friend that has a 95 trooper, that he bought from a neighbor, with no engine or tranny. He is offering it to me for $300. My engine and tranny are both recently rebuilt, just 3500 miles. I was thinking to swap both of them, and then sell the rest for parts.

Is there any problem, between years to do the swap?

Opinions???

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
angel.sanchez said:
I'm consulting you guys, the gurus in the zu planet. I have a 94 trooper. It just underwent an unfortunate incident and its crippled for now. The chassis is a little bended on the front driver side wheel. Two mechanics have told me that even when they straighten the chassis, it might not be the same.
I have a friend that has a 95 trooper, that he bought from a neighbor, with no engine or tranny. He is offering it to me for $300. My engine and tranny are both recently rebuilt, just 3500 miles. I was thinking to swap both of them, and then sell the rest for parts.

Is there any problem, between years to do the swap?

Opinions???
MECHANICALLY THE 94 AND THE 95 ARE ABOUT 99 % IDENTICLE, INTERIOR DIFF, ABOUT THE ONLY DIFF. JUMP ON IT AND START SWAPPING PARTS ,JERRY

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One more question?

I already have the other trooper at home, Im just waiting to solve a few more issues with the insurance, before I can start, but the new trooper doesnt have power mirrors. My old one has, so can it be possible to swap them from the old one with the wiring and everything or would it be too much of a PITA???

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
angel.sanchez said:
One more question?

I already have the other trooper at home, Im just waiting to solve a few more issues with the insurance, before I can start, but the new trooper doesnt have power mirrors. My old one has, so can it be possible to swap them from the old one with the wiring and everything or would it be too much of a PITA???
E

YES YOU CAN SWAP THEM OVER ,NO PROB, YOU MAY HAVE TO SWAP THE DOOR HARNESS OVER ALL SO ,BUT A LOT OF THEM , THEN WIRING HARNESS ARE IN THE DOOR

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about the wiring harness under the dash?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Usually, the wiring is already there waiting for you to plug and play.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YOU GUYS ARE SAINTS, THANKS!!!

Im going to get the truck back from the shop tomorrow and will start surgery on the weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts