Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody
I was wondering if the weber carb or delta cam for the 2.3L 4ZD1 engine effect's emissions in such a way as to not pass. I live in Utah and it would really kinda just be a pain if I had to take those out and go back to stock for one day of testing. Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
546 Posts
Geez, did you get it to pass in the first place under current conditions? :shock:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, as long as you have a good control of the air, fuel, and spark, which is what some of the aforementioned upgrades will give you, you should be fine.

If you are looking at these upgrades to solve your emissions woes, performance upgrades would not be the best way to approach the problem.

The webber carb would be a vast improvement any day over the crap that it came with though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
acutally it did not pass the first three times. The first time the limit for carbon monoxide is like 1%....yeah my rig was puttin out 8% :shock: soo yeah :lol: We bought a new egr valve for it and that helped alot along with bringing the idle mixture way down but it still didn't pass so we finally took it to a shop where they had to re-jet the carb and then it passed. I was just curious about what these upgrades would do for you in an emmission concious state. Thanks

·
Registered
790 Posts
I thought in general a Weber carb would fail on the inspection side alone, even if it tested better than stock. It is an aftermarket upgrade, and that is enough to fail just seeing it on the motor. I don't have to test my rigs so I don't really know, but I always thought carb/exhaust upgrades had to be certified for them to even accept them to test. I suppose it varies from state to state, and probably from day to day at the test station depending on who you get that day. I've been trying to keep mine setup right just in case Oregon ever decides to spread out their limited testing areas, but it would be nice to know a bit more about how this works with regards to upgrades, especially visible ones like carbs and headers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.