Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
That looks like it was fun. Your engine sounds good.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
:twisted: me gusta mucho.

sounds badarse too.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha!! Thanks guys! I just wish I would have had a better means of videoing it! I love my iPhone, but it wasn't very good for this! That area is a place we used to hold BIG airsoft events! I
Just wanted to go look at it, and ended up playing around! :D

·
Registered
676 Posts
Nice! Your truck has a really nice growl to it no question! Shame you're selling it, but you still have a really great rig!

-Robert

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx Robert! Ya know, my exhaust was by far the cheapest (and easiest) mod I ever did! As a matter of fact, IT PAID ME to do it and took about 5 minutes! How?

After I noticed my muffler had a huge hole in it, and it rattled, I decided that it was time that the muffler and EL CHEAPO went their separate ways. My initial intention was to chop it off and add a glasspack muffler because they are cheap and lightweight. But after remembering that cat converters do more to muffle sound than mufflers nowadays, I said "what the heck, let's try it!". Long story short, I grabbed my sawzall and cut it completely off...tail pipe and all! I cut it off about a foot in front of the muffler. The muffler and pipe weighed about FORTY POUNDS!!! I took it all to my local scrapyard, where I guess I got about $4.80 for it based on their rate of .12 cents per pound!

Now I know that's not possible for everyone, but here in Mississippi, they could care less! (yeah, we don't do emissions testing here!)

Also, while the video quality from the iPhone4 wasn't great, the audio quality is. That's EXACTLY the way the truck sounds from the interior!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sweet! Yea I cut my exhaust too, but decided it was too loud without a muffler, so I swapped in a Cherrybomb glasspack and a turndown. I've been told its illegal, but in SC nobody really cares, we don't test emissions either.

At least your iPhone takes videos lol. I got the 3GS till September...then iPhone 5 baby!

-Robert

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TKEPA251 said:
Sweet! Yea I cut my exhaust too, but decided it was too loud without a muffler, so I swapped in a Cherrybomb glasspack and a turndown. I've been told its illegal, but in SC nobody really cares, we don't test emissions either.

At least your iPhone takes videos lol. I got the 3GS till September...then iPhone 5 baby!

-Robert
You got that right! My wife is already waiting for her "hand-me-down" 4! Lol

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hahahaha! I convinced my sister to buy a 4. I'm really hoping the 5 is the be all end all of iPhones.

On a more topic relevant note (lol not to be a douche) my whole family hates my exhaust. Mom and sister refuse to ride with me because they say it's "too loud".

-Robert

·
Registered
676 Posts
I like the tone though. IMO the tone of your exhaust means everything.

I want to cut my cats out, but then again I've got a list a country mile long of crap I want to do to my Rodeo lol!

-Robert

1 - 12 of 12 Posts