Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The egr pipe running from my intake manifold to the exhaust manifold is loose on both sides and the nuts are stripped. I ordered a new pipe. The only problem is on the exhaust side, I cannot loosen that nut. I have tryed pb blaster and vise grips. I can't get the darned thing off! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure whether I should try to pry it loose when it is hot, or when it is cold. I know that things expand when hot. That would mean the exhaust manifold and the nut were expanding at the same rate. So maybe it would not matter either way? I need more input here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I always have better luck removing bolts/nuts on the exhaust while they are hot. Keep us posted on how you get that nut off. Mine currently has an extracter broken off in the bolt. My nut came off fine (after warming up the engine). The bolt on the other side would not budge, though.

Where did you get your new egr pipe? I haven't been able to find one. Mine doesn't seal completely at the manifold because of some partially stripped threads.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked up the pipe from Red McCombs Isuzu parts and service department for 50 bucks. I wasn't even going to bother going the salvage route.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I used a pipe wrench and PB Blaster, but the manifold was out of the truck and in a shop vise. If you end up needing a manifold too, I've got a used, spare 2.6 piece.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.