·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
The posting had been removed.
Are there actually 1st gen snorkles? I have been contemplating the idea.

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
probably the same person, if you add in the shipping, they are both relatively the same price. one jacked up shipping to 90.00 versus 50 on the other...

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
those are the REAL Safari Snorkle brand, not the chinese knock offs on ebay. the ones Matt sells, are the ones that fit properly.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
even if they're knock off's,they look really well made, if i didn't have one already i'd get it, can't beat that price ( by the way the real safari snorkel says jackaroo on the side not trooper)

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
It is a good price.

nfpgasmask said:
Am I the only one who thinks snorkels look stupid?

:albino: Bart
I'm on the fence about them. They add a certain look to a truck but I like things a little more sleek. One project I want to do is make a custom sheet metal one that blends with my A-pillar and roof line. If it works out, it'll blend and hardly be noticeable, yet fully function.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cronk said:
It is a good price.

nfpgasmask said:
Am I the only one who thinks snorkels look stupid?

:albino: Bart
I'm on the fence about them. They add a certain look to a truck but I like things a little more sleek. One project I want to do is make a custom sheet metal one that blends with my A-pillar and roof line. If it works out, it'll blend and hardly be noticeable, yet fully function.
I think that is my issue with them and why I haven't thought of putting one on yet is that they are just to "stocky" looking,most don't fit the contours of the A pillar and roof line and just stick out...(like a snorkel yes) but a sleeker design would be nice to see as well.

edit: They look great on Tonnydoodles and ssmokn's Trooper still :D

·
Registered
645 Posts
did any one buy this?

im thinking about it!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I think that white trooper in the pictures is a member here. They are in South America.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, all I just ran into a picture of my trooper on E-bay. This was my trooper from Miami, Fl. I built it back in 1995. It is a 1994 and was never in South America. Some guy stole a picture that was posted on car domain from the guy who bought if off me and shipped it to Philadelphia. The snorkel in that picture is a true ARB unit. This truck had both arb lockers front and rear with 4.88 gears. It was lifted with 3" body lift, 2" calmini, front ball joint spacers, and rear 2" spacer. It had 35 BFG's. I took the original warn 8000 off before selling it to put on a jeep I also had. The front end was always the weak link in this truck, and 13 front axles later I stopped wheeling it. Just thought I should post the facts and warn against the cheap knock offs on ebay.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did anyone ever get one of these ebay snorkels?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I messaged a guy on ebay that bought one for a Trooper. Here's what he had to say...

It comes with no instructions, but if you take your time it all fits great. I used a 3.5inch hole saw, then wraped the cut edge with plastic door edge.
for the inside cut I made a cut template from the plastic part,marked the center of the hole with an automatic center punch and drilled from the engine side., have a look http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25786

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thats what I figured! They look exactly like the jackaroo snorkels, prolly poured in a replica mold lol. I love ARB products, as I have an ARB bumper, but $450.00 for a few pieces of plastic is nuts!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Agreed, they are expensive. It also looks like someone now carries the replica TJM snorkels on ebay for $200 shipped. I might have to spring for one of them, think they look a little better than the ARBs because the tops are more streamline.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Isuzu-Trooper-B ... 3ef4854ada

·
Registered
77 Posts
Im getting one now! My girlfriend is gonna be pissed!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.