Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the e-break and antilock breaking indicator lights will not go off i un hook the battery in order to reset the computer(a guy at work sugested this) but as soo as i start to drive they come back on :evil:

·
Registered
214 Posts
This happens to me sometimes as well. My manual says to turn off the ignition and wait 15 sec before restarting. This usually clears it up.

However, I am pretty sure that the root of the issue is a loose connection or sensor problem for the ABS on the rear. I havent spent a lot of time on this but would be curious to know if reseating the wiring to the sensors (and cleaning them) fixes the issue.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have the same problem with my 95 trooper. Mine come and go randomly. However, they seem to come on after hitting a bump or pothole making me think that is is a loose sensor or something.

Brad

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Everyone that has these lights come on need to check their brake fluid level. We do have level switches that will light the brake light when you are low on brake fluid.

If you are getting some other lights coming on with the brake lights, check your battery voltage while the truck is running. Those lights usually indicate the alternator is going.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.