Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help, ive just had my enging cleaned in a 2004 rodeo, now the check engine light has come on for good, it blinked intermitting for a day. all i know about emissions is to check the pvc value, and its fine, any thoughts, thanks dan

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
If the cleaning resulted in a wire to one of the sensors coming loose or shorting out, it could cause the CEL to come on. Recommend that you have the codes pulled. (Some auto parts stores, such as Autozone, will do this for free.) This might give you an idea where to look.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I would suggest that you start by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 minutes to reset the computer. Then, make sure everything in the engine bay is nice and dry, and reconnect the cable. If you still have a CEL code, it's likely that either a connector is loose or you damaged a sensor in the engine bay (oxygen sensors can be sensitive, because they have heating elements built in). Go to Autozone or your local auto parts store and ask them if they can read the codes stored in your Rodeo's computer. That will tell you which sensor you should be looking for.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, took it to Autozone and they gave me a code of P1311, and the dang light when off after i started it, does that mean the problem corrected itself and what doest that code mean, could it just have been something that finally dried out and is ok now, thanks again Dan

·
Registered
327 Posts
danjoh said:
thanks guys, took it to Autozone and they gave me a code of P1311, and the dang light when off after i started it, does that mean the problem corrected itself and what doest that code mean, could it just have been something that finally dried out and is ok now, thanks again Dan
P1311 = Ion Sensing Module SEC 1 line circuit fault.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, every what in the heck that is, since the CEL has not come back on does that mean the problem has corrected itself? thanks again Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.