Hood scoops?
Yes will look cool.415.38%
No looks stupid.1869.23%
Meh don't really care.415.38%

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have these from a S-10 project I no longer have. I am planning on painting the hood sometime soon. What do you think scoops or no. They will just be ornamental not functional.

·
Registered
484 Posts
:scratch:

Cronk said:
Not unless they function.
Yeah, I don't think they look good enough if they aren't real. If it's just for looks, need something with a little more swoop to to them.

Or you could mount them closer to the nose and put slim driving lights in them.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
AudioRedneck said:

Cronk said:
Yeah, I don't think they look good enough if they aren't real. If it's just for looks, need something with a little more swoop to to them.

Ewww, eww, good idea but on the roof!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Id get rid of the two and just get one wide shallow one

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Id get rid of the two and just get one wide shallow one
Well yeah, if I had one wide shallow one laying around, but I don't. I have these.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Cronk said:
AudioRedneck said:

Cronk said:

Ewww, eww, good idea but on the roof!
I would have thought the roof, but with the basket up there, I think it needs something larger. With just the factory roof rack I'd agree.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
How hard is to make them functional?...drill a few holes...

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I think it will look cool- I seen a rodeo in Boise with the same setup

·
Registered
677 Posts
Here is a thought.

I do not think they will add anything on the hood. However, back in 1968 (the stone ages, I know) the Olds 442's had ram air scoops under the front bumper. They connected to the breather with flexible hoses like dryer vents. They were extremely cool looking too. It would be an easy mod to do on the Rodeo and would provide some function as well.

Of course if you like to go swimming in your truck, the under bumper air scoops don't work....

·
Registered
555 Posts
Im not a huge fan of things that are made to only look like something functional,but are really cosmetic. Unless you are going to make them functional,and that functionality would make a legitimate difference to your vehicles performance (cooling,cool air for the intake,etc) then I personally would just skip it. In other words,vents and hood scoops should actually duct air somewhere useful.

Its not nearly as bad as some things though. For instance, dual exhausts should actually connect to two different banks of cylinders, if the end of your exhaust pipe is 3" in diameter it probably should be 3" on the other side of the muffler and all the way back,and you probably shouldn't bolt it up to the sad little flange on the end of that stock exhaust manifold. Most importantly though,what I really hate to see,even worse than a Honda Fit with a big chrome muffler hanging down,is a Geo Metro with a 3" exhaust tip that necks down to 1-1/2" where it attaches to the muffler. (No ones going to beleive you have three inch pipes and a set of headers on that 3-banger)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay. Well so much for asking. I just had no other use for them. Thank you for your responses. Since I was not decided I guess I'll try to unload them on CL. They would have really looked dumb on the Honda. :lol:

Thank you all for saving me from doing something I might have regretted in the end.

·
Registered
397 Posts
What happened to your grille?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Mount them close to the rear & cut outthe centers. Put a small fan+ rad in each. One for oil, One for power steering fluid.

~psguardian

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What happened to your grille?
I took it off to replace some A/C "O" rings. Some of the little clips broke so waiting to get more before putting it back

1 - 20 of 21 Posts