Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching a special on dvd about methamphetimine.

They just said it was not only the most dangerous drug, but also possibly the cheapest.

"as low as 25 dollars per hit".

Huh ?????!!??

And it can last UP TO 12 hours.

Ok, so if it lasts 12 hours and costs 25 bucks a hit, that's 50 to 200 dollars a day ! (Or more ?)

Who HAS that kind of money ??? I mean, who has that kind of money and is arsininely STUPID enough to waste it on a drug that is killing them ?

The stupidity of some people, simply astounds me.

To put it in simpler terms... What kind of mods could you do to your rig, with an extra 1400.00 ?

And that's just one week's worth of being a drug addict.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GoodyMOBB said:
It used to make me sick when id do the math on smoking cigarettes... can't imagine that kind of waste.
And it doesn't stop there.

The more you use, the more you have to use...

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Drugs are bad! .... MMMKAY.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
An drug addict doesn't see things the same way as you and I see it, it's not how much it costs, it's what do I have to do to get that one more high, and believe you me I've seen them do some amazing things.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I saw a special on drugs and it's affects about a week ago. Robin Williams was hosting. I didn't see the whole thing but, I did see the meth and cocaine part. Basically, they had these guys try to do physical demanding things sober because they said they had more energy and focus when high. The outcome was that even tho you can stay up for days on meth, the guy was actually more exhausted when on it. Not surprising. The guy on cocaine was actually physically stronger when high because of increased dopamine levels. He was able to lift more weight but of course the heart took a beating.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I know a recovering meth addict. tonnydoodles is right, they don't see it the same way. Luckily this person finally got the help he needed, and he is clean, and staying that way.

it is sick to do the math on anything like that, tobacco, drugs, even alcohol for an alcoholic.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
94Rodayo4x4 said:
it is sick to do the math on anything like that, tobacco, drugs, even alcohol for an alcoholic.
.... or Isuzus. :shock:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Selador said:
Weed is still much cheaper (not including costs of food :lol: )

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pmat said:
Selador said:
Weed is still much cheaper (not including costs of food :lol: )
I haven't smoked that stuff since my mid-thirties. But I don't think of that as any more of a 'drug' than cigarettes or alcohol. It should be legalized, and the profits used for what taxes are normally used for, instead of lining drug dealer's pockets.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
People don't realize the effect people don't realize the effect that people don't bananas with.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
electricpuppyboy said:
People don't realize the effect people don't realize the effect that people don't bananas with.
ROFLMFAO

Ok, put down the banana peels, and the lighter, and back away from them slowly...

:drunken:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
shooter said:
94Rodayo4x4 said:
:laughing3: :laughing3:

You got that right!!!!

MAY I ALSO ADD, Shooting sports hobbys!!!!
I just spent $30.00 yesterday on 9mm ammo. Geeezzzzzzzz this is getting expensive!
And reloading supplys have gone up & up, so for $9.00 / 50 rounds of 9mm, it's not really MUCH cheaper to reload anymore.
Now my .357 Mag, thats a totaly different story! :lol:
Spent over $100 last weekend just shooting clays! Good greif.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I've known a few on meth and no doubt it's a dangerous and expensive habit. Who would think something made using batteries, starting fluid, etc. would be bad for you? LOL We have a local attorney that got hooked on meth, she is no longer an attorney and though she may be in her 40's you'd think by appearance she was in her 60's.
I had almost forgotten about our local doctor busted with pounds of meth. Great doctor, imagine it was national news with the quantity he was busted with. Check this out, and he really was a great doctor! http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/articl ... 94615.html
Spending $50.00-$200.00 a day is cheap to some! Not all that unusual for a Oxycontin addict to spend $400.00 or more a day.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
It's all extremely sad to me. I won't deni that I smoke cigarets and drink ocasionaly but that's it. I've seen alcoholics,crank users... Both people I knew long ago. The alcoholic is dead and my once so called friend is a lost sole. Sad thing is the older you get the more you see...

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
shooter said:
94Rodayo4x4 said:
is it sad I thought of isuzu's when i read the math comment by GoodyMOBB.

Great minds think alike :idea: :lol:

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Yep!!! I've got better things to do with my time like build cool stuff for my amigo. But I'll stil enjoy a camel whilst I do it....:)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Yeah, I sometimes think of the meth-head that smashed the window on my old Rodeo. Took a $5 garage sale radio (analog!!!) and a leather jacket that was an award from my employer ( :angryfire: ). Left a $1500 paraglider wing. :shock:

The irony was...... it was a short stop for me (at a church, no less) and the doors were unlocked. Police never recovered anything. Hope that hit was worth it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts